Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, June 1, 2024

May Swaps

Once again, I have cards I made for May swaps on the message board I frequent.  The one you see above is the card I made for the materials swap - which needed a transportation theme.  Here are the materials I used - and what I sent to my swap partner:

Materials include a 5 x 7 card base and envelope, a piece each of white and black card stock, a sentiment printed from Sassy's LLC greetings, a stamped image on white card stock (from a Motorcycle small stamp from HOTP), some gold dotted red hand made paper, a piece of stone-look Hunkydory Adoreable Scoreable card stock, some scraps of a subtle red patterned paper, and a sheet from Hunkydory's Little Book of High Street.

And now for a closer look at the card I made:

I started by cutting up the LB page a bit.  I cut out the delivery guy on the scooter, cut off the awning, and then trimmed a bit on the sides and bottom of the remaining.  As you can see, I started by using the dotted hand-made red as a mat (cutting out the center of it to save in case I needed it later).  I cut a piece of white card stock to A2 size and proceeded to create my scene:

  • Glued the narrow strips of red patterned paper on the side
  • Added a strip of the AS to create a stony "road" 
  • Adhered the main piece of the LB page that remained
  • I matted the whole panel on black (once again cutting out the center and reserving it to use for other matting needs)
  • Using some of this saved black, I matted the awning
  • I attached the awning by gluing it at the top and adding foam squares at the bottom.
  • After matting scooter guy on white, I added him with foam tape.  
  • I rounded the corners of the sentiment and matted it before adding it as you see
  • Finally, I glued fun foam to the back of the whole panel and added it to the card front.

Inside:

Inside I used a leftover strip of the dotted red and fussy cut the motorcycle to embellish it.

Materials Swap - Partner's Materials:

My partner sent two balloons in her kit - one that was colored and one that wasn't.  I chose the one that wasn't colored and added my own colors.  (Her coloring looked better, but I wanted specific colors.)  Anyway, here's the card I made using her materials:

I used the blue patterned paper for the background, and tore a strip from the green to form grass.  You can see how I added the other elements.  I DID stamp the little raccoon on a scrap of the materials & colored him with Inktense pencils before fussy cutting (stamp from Heartfelt Creations - I have matching dies, but didn't bother!).  Everything was glued on except the balloon which was added with foam tape.

Card Swap - theme is water:

I really got a kick out of using this page from Hunkydory's Little Book of Memorable Moments as my focal for a "water" theme.  I hope the recipient enjoys it as I did.  To make it, I cut the page in two pieces by cutting around the bathtub & feet, leaving the front part intact.  I glued the top part to a piece of white card stock that would serve as a mat.  Then I added the cut off piece - glue at the bottom, foam tape around the far edge of the bathtub and the feet.  For the patterned paper background, I cut up an old card blank from HOTP.  After adding my prepared focal, I die cut "Happy Birthday" from both white and black (die is a "Mini" from Creative Expressions).  After layering them with the black underneath - offset a bit to form a shadow - I glued it as the greeting toward the bottom of the card.

Inside:

After adding pieces of the leftovers from the card front for borders top and bottom, I used a stamp from Crafter's Companion Compendium - the sheet called Birthday Female - to add the sentiment on the inside.

Digi-Swap:

Finally, here's the "digi-swap" card I made - using printouts of digital papers.  As you can see, I added a bit of colored card stock, ribbons from my stash, and a Sassy's greeting to complete the card.  Dies used were from a Spellbinders' set called Decorative Labels One.

Digi-Swap #2:

I have found I like to make sure I've finished up the printed digi-papers rather than leaving them sitting in my stash - they seldom get used that way!  So, here's my second card using up the rest of the printed digi-paper (except for small scraps that I can EASILY throw away!).  I actually like this one better than the first - and I worked far harder on the first.  That's just the way it is, sometimes.  I again used Decorative Labels One dies and Sassy's greetings.  The green was scrap that I found in my stash.  The flowered mat was cut from the panel of the previous card (hole hidden behind the focal).

No comments: