Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, June 19, 2024

HD Perfect Days - Bicycle Blooms

Today I have another set of cards from Hunkydory kit called Perfect Days - the set called Bicycle Blooms.  Here's what the set looked like:

As you can see, there was a sheet of AS (adoreable scoreable card stock), and one and a half sheets of die cuts.  I used these, and some stuff from my stash, to make 4 cards:

I thought I was going to get 5 cards from it, but ended up not wanting to use a bicycle tire that you could see the birdbath through - since the rest of the birdbath would not be there.  I just layered the extras on the cards.

Card #1:

The entire panel here was cut from the AS - complete with focal.  I inked the edges, glued it in place, and added more die cuts - including sentiment - easy peasy!

Card #2:

This card was my take on a sketch challenge on the message board I frequent.  I started with the dark pink panel, inked the edges, then added a couple of patterned papers whose edges had also been inked. Then I added the focal. I added 3 Dazzle border strips - being careful to take them in front of the flowers and behind the bicycle (a second bicycle piece I glued on top of the first).  Finally, I added the sentiment & some "tails" for it.

Card #3:

I wanted this card to be a slimline card - so cut a piece of the AS and added borders top and bottom, along with a couple scraps of the AS.  I inked the edges of all, then added the bicycle piece - cutting it to fit.  After gluing the panel in place on the card front, I added a sentiment & mat.  The mat will stay, the sentiment will be removed until such time as I know the occasion for which I'll use this card. (Sassy's LLC sentiments are great for doing this!)

Card #4:

This final card was also cut from the AS.  I added ribbon from my stash and covered it with more bicycle and flower pieces.  Once again, the mat will stay, but I'll remove the sentiment and add an appropriate one later.

No comments: