Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Digi-Dogs

Today I have three cute dog pictures.  All three use two printed digital papers - each printed at half a letter size -  focals made from Stampendous Pop-up Puppies stamps and dies, and a bit of ribbon.  

Card #1 (above): As you can see, this first one uses ribbon as a leash.  To make these, I cut both papers to the correct size for a card front that would leave a bit of white showing around it.  I then used a die to cut the middle out of both  papers.  I glued the outer part of the dark paper in place.  Next, I took the inner light colored one and matted it on white before adding it with sticky-backed foam to pop it up.  Unfortunately, I discovered that with the wobble spring for his head that made the card too thick to go through the mail as a standard letter.  So, I left the foam off of the next two. 

Card #2:

As you can see, this one is the reverse of the last with the larger light-colored piece on the outside and the darker on the inside.  On this one, I used a leftover piece of ribbon that made it look like his leash is too short.  Oh well.  I think when I know how I'll use these first two, I'll add a strip sentiment to the front of them.

Card #3:

 
This one has room for a small sentiment in the upper left corner - once I know what occasion it will be used for.  The dog is from the same set, but a very different look because I used a different head for him.   At this point I also only had leftovers that were not large enough to cut for card fronts.  So, I split the lighter colored one and put it either side of the darker - adding ribbon to set them apart before inking the edges and gluing the whole to the card front.  This dog didn't get a leash, but his head is still on a wobble spring.

No comments: