Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, June 8, 2024

India Scrapbook pages 20 & 21

I spent all day working on this layout.  It was really challenging because I had so many pictures I wanted to use and had to pare down - then had to figure out how to fit everything that made the final cut.  Here's a quick look at each individual page:

Page 20:

I have title and journaling blocks on both pages that were created in the same way.  The title blocks were die cut from a scrap of old scrapbook papers that had a light cream colored pattern to it - die was from Spellbinders' Romantic Rectangles Two.  The large letters were die cut from a red metallic card stock using my large Momenta Thin Alphabet dies.  I then drew around the outside of the dies on the back of some gold metallic and fussy cut it to form a mat for the red.  I cut the remaining letters from gold using Sans Serif dies.  I really liked the look of that patterned paper, so cut it out of the center of another sheet of that paper (it's actually a border paper) and cut it to 8 1/2" wide.  It was only 8 1/4" long, but I was able to create my journaling blocks on a standard letter sized layout and print it.  Then I used a Martha Stewart border punch to punch around the edges of these journaling blocks.  Finally, I matted the focal print on a gold piece that was die cut with a die from Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles.

Page 21:

This page is similar to the previous one with one additional feature - a pocket for an envelope that holds several purchased postcards of Mysore Palace.  I made both pocket and envelope from iridescent gold vellum. 


No comments: