Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Embellishment storage - and more embellies

I got some questions about embellishment storage, so decided to show my system here - along with a few more embellishments I've made recently from new dies.

As you can probably tell from the picture above, I store my embellishments in sheet protectors in a 3 ring binder.  Most of them fit in protectors designed for baseball cards - like you see in the picture above.  I find if I cut a piece of paper to fit in each, I can then put embellishments on each side and see them clearly.  I DID find that some things I made were too large for that size of sheet protector, so I added some protectors that were designed to hold photographs - I think these are for 4 x 6 size:


This last page shows some of my most recent embellishments:

These are from a Spellbinders die set called Winter Evergreen Foliage & Ladybugs.  The foliage is pretty large, ranging from approximately 2 1/2" to 4 1/2" in length.  The ladybugs, on the other hand, are tiny - smaller than my pink fingernail.  I have learned that for some of these small embellies, it is best to put them in a 2" x 3" little zip lock baggie before putting them in the book.

I also made some flowers from the Spellbinders set called Simply Perfect Layered Blooms.  Here's a quick look at some of those.

I had intended to make a set of blue, one of pink, and one of yellow/orange, but when I went to start coloring my second set of flowers, I mistakenly grabbed the blue again and had almost all of them colored before I realized my mistake!  So, I have quite a few of the blue ones!

I sure wish I had thought to do this with my Seahorse Gardens, Under the Sea, and Water You Up To? sets!  Those would be nice to have!

No comments: