Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, July 2, 2024

2024 June Swaps


June material swap is to be a focus on summer.  

Materials Swap - My Materials:

One of the things I think of in summer is the beach, so I put together elements for an ocean scene. 

 
The double-sided patterned paper is from HOTP.  The stamped and die cut images were created using two sets from Spellbinders - Seahorse Gardens and Water You Up To?  I stamped the images with Distress ink - and then colored them with the same by pressing ink into my craft sheet and picking up with a water brush. I found it worked best to keep the brush fairly dry.  In addition, there are two pieces of colored card stock, and one of white card stock besides the card and envelope.  I added some blue jewel dazzles, some little google eyes and some little clear shiny pieces from my stash.

Colors used for the die cut pieces:
  • Seahorse & Sea Weed: Peeled Paint & Faded Jeans
  • Crab: Barn Door
  • Jelly Fish & Shells: Vintage Photo, Marigold, Worn Lipstick

I cut a piece from the lower left corner of the patterned paper and matted it with the navy card stock (after cutting the center of the navy to use for something else) before adding it to the card front.  I fussy cut the sea weed and crab and glued them to the scene.  Then I matted the sentiment and seahorse with more of the blue before adding them with adhesive foam squares.  For my final touches, I used a standard paper punch to cut three small circles from the tan card stock, inked the edges (Chipped Sapphire), and added the smallest blue Jewel Dazzles - then added the little clear shiny pieces for Bubbles.

Inside:

Similarly, on the inside I fussy cut the shells and glued them in place - the glued the jelly fish in place without fussy cutting.

Materials Swap - Partner's Materials: 

The papers were double-sided - one of the hidden sides was a pink pattern - one was an orange pattern (which I didn't care to use).  I LOVE the die cut focal she sent.  So CUTE!

Here's the card I made:

Fortunately she also sent a sheet of plain white card stock so I was able to create the matted blue oval (using distress ink) and mat other pieces (though I had to piece several things).

Inside:

The cupcake was created from one of my most recent Spellbinders dies (Birthday Wreath Add-Ons) - so glad I have dies like that now!

Card Swap:

The card swap this month was to be "patriotic" themed.  I struggled with this a bit until I found this decoration in my stash - made long ago using my Silhouette (when it still worked).  The background is a white embossed panel (Cuttlebug Swis Dots) matted on blue.  Then I added a bunch of little star shaped Dazzles stickers, and ribbon from my stash.

Inside:

Inside I used a narrow matted embossed panel for a lower border, and added more Dazzles stickers to decorate.

Note: for Digi-Swaps, see June 18 post called Digi-Dogs.

No comments: