Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, July 22, 2024

KCC14 Set 3


I've started on my 3rd set of Kendra's Card Challenge (KCC) #14 cards.  This time I'm using papers I got from my Mom that had been treated with a "love it, chop it" theory and were thus already cut into rectangles.  I found that I mostly could use those cut for slimline cards, but also some of the other sizes as needed to cut the pieces as per the KCC.

Here's a picture of all 15 cards:

And here are each of the individual cards.

Card #1: 

Here, I started by matting the pieces on a pretty gold vellum - and at the same time I created the sentiment - matted with the same.  I cut a piece of purple card stock and embossed it with a folder from HOTP called Leafy Vine.  It was just a tad smaller than my card front, so I inked the edges of my card front with gold ink before gluing my embossed piece in place.  I then discovered that I couldn't place the pieces as she showed because mine weren't square for some reason (and had already been matted or I could have squared them up).  So, I rearranged them a bit to create the card front you see here.  After adhering these and the sentiment, I added a 3-d butterfly sticker from my stash.

Card #2:

Here I used a backdrop of green that had been embossed with a cutting die (Cheery Lynn French Lattice).  After matting the patterned pieces, I added them as per the sketch.  Then I added several mats to an inked Sassy's LLC sentiment and then added a couple of butterflies from my stash.

Card #3:

As you can see, I matted these pieces with pink glitzy paper, then glued the whole to a gold tag board piece before it was glued to glitzy paper and the card front.  Another matted Sassy's sentiment & small butterfly from my stash completes this card.  Though I think I'll add three pink/black dots to the upper left hand corner to provide better balance.  Here's what it looks like now:

Card #4:

I have been getting tired of cards that just had added butterflies, but maybe should have stopped when I was ahead.  I love the monkey (Dazzles) & greeting (Sassy's LLC) - but they really don't go with the background!  Oh well. . . .  another of these cards made so I'm closer to moving on to something more interesting.

Card #5:

I don't understand why, but I found this one REALLY challenging.  I guess mostly because anything I tried for focal seemed to fight with the rose - but the rose piece didn't really work for a focal either.  Finally came up with this idea - sentiment is Sassy's again.  Gold linen card stock and brown glimmer paper from my stash.  I very lightly inked the sentiment in 3 different colors of ink - cream, light blue, light pink - so that it would blend well - and as you can see, I inked the edges of it and the rose piece.

Card #6:

Card number six consists of a bunch of strips.  I varied it a bit because instead of just adding a couple of strips of the pink, I backed the strips such that the pink showed through in small amounts between the top and bottom strips as well.  As you can see, I used a cutting die (Spellbinders Splendid Circles) to form the mat for the punched white circle - which in turn forms the mat for the gardening tools (die cut using Spellbinders The Botanical Solarium set).  The greenery across the top is a vine die cut (Card Making Magic 5x7 card and box set). And the sentiment is another of Sassy's LLC.

Card #7:

I chose to mat these pieces with gold linen cardstock.  The focal contains die cut flowers from a couple of die sets - both from Spellbinders (Be Bold Blooms, Simply Perfect Layered Blooms).  The sentiment is another from Sassy's LLC.

Card #8:
Here I again used a variety of flowers & greenery - all Spellbinders dies (Garden Builder, the Botanical Solarium, Simply Perfect Layered Blooms, and Be Bold Blooms).  The sentiment mats are die cut using basic circle dies and Splendid Circles (Spellbinders).  The sentiment itself is a word Dazzle.  It was gold, but I colored it with brown StazOn ink.  I used a pink Glizy paper for most of the mats and scraps of the papers for the rest.

Card #9:
 
I'm sad about this one.  I had found a lovely purple scrap of mulberry paper to serve as background and was really liking the way it looked - but had trouble gluing it in place and ended up having to toss it!  At least I was able to find a pretty purple card stock in my stash to replace it with.  The sentiment is again Sassy's LLC.  The flowers are from Spellbinders sets - Be Bold Blooms, Holiday Blooms, & The Botanical Solarium).  They were all cut from white card stock and colored with distress and distress oxide inks.

Card #10:

Here I simply added layers - gold mat for the center diamond, and dark blue glimmer paper for everything else.  The white was a panel from my stash - embossed with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots Folder.  The sentiment is again from Sassy's LLC (printed at 67 % and punched with 1 1/8" punch).  This was matted with a dark blue mat cut with a die from Spellbinders Splendid Circles before being added to the gold matted diamond - which was then added to the card front with foam tape.  The flowers on the other two diamonds are created from Spellbinders Be Bold Blooms and all are glued directly to the card front except the sentiment mat.

Card #11:

I really wasn't sure about this layout.  So many circles!  I didn't really follow the sketch completely the last two times, but did this time.  It's still not my favorite sketch, but isn't as bad as I was afraid of, either.  It was challenging to figure out what colors to use for the circles, but when I combined the gold linen and the darker golden glimmer card stock, it seemed to work.  I decided to add the flower & greenery die cuts (Spellbinders - Garden Builder, Simply Perfect Layered Blooms, Holiday Blooms) for a bit more color.  The sentiment is another of Sassy's but I cut it 1/4" smaller than usual.

Card #12:

For this card, I used a light aqua glimmer paper for background.  After matting the main patterned paper piece, I added it to the card front & then matted and added the other two pieces as per the sketch.  The matted circle was embossed with a HOTP folder called Leafy Vine.  I inked this with distress ink before gluing it in place.  The flower pot and pitcher are die cut from The Botanical Solarium set by Spellbinders.  After coloring them with Distress Inks, Distress Oxides, and Scroll & Brush markers, I glued everything in place as you see it here.  After tucking the greeting in place as you see it, I added punched dots in the upper right and lower left corners of the card, completing the look.

Card #13:

This time, I went with a subtle look - again using the light aqua glimmer paper as a background.  I also used a silver glimmer paper mat with silver punched dots.  The sprays of pussy willows are die cuts from Be Bold Blooms die set by Spellbinders, colored with distress inks.

Card #14:

As you can see, for this card, I used the golden brown glimmer card stock as a backdrop, then the gold linen card stock for a decorative circle (Teardrop Circles by Spellbinders) and strips on the left side.  The green mat for the sentiment was punched from green glimmer paper.  The sentiment was from my stash.  I finished the card with the white leaves & flower (Spellbinders die cuts from their sets called: Holiday Blooms and Be Bold Blooms).

Card #15:


The final card in this set started with the gold linen card stock as backdrop, with a strip of the golden brown glimmer card stock added.  After inking the patterned paper pieces, I put them in place.  I matted my sentiment (from my stash), and added it along with the sunflowers & leaves (Spellbinders die cuts from Simply Perfect Layered Blooms and Build-a-Wreath). 

No comments: