Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, July 2, 2024

HD Perfect Days - Cozy Kitchen

 
After many days spent working on embellishments, today I have a set of Hunkydory cards again.  This set is called Cozy Kitchen - and is from their Perfect Days Card Kit.  Here's what the kit looked like originally:

As you can see, it has 1 1/2 pages of die cuts and one sheet of AS (adoreable scoreable printed card stock).  After adding a bit from my stash, I ended up with 5 cards:
 

This was definitely a challenging set to get so many cards from, but for the most part, I was happy with the way they turned out.  Now for a closer look at each.
 
Card #1:
 

I usually start a set by figuring out what to do with the AS - and this card was the result.  I decided I could cut the panel to fit a slimline card - with just a bit of room at the top to add a border (also cut from the AS). Since the border would overlap the cut panel, I added a spacer piece of card stock so the border would be level when glued.  Then I added the sentiment and was done except for the . . . 

Inside:

I went really simple with this - EXCEPT that I fussy cut the smallest die cut piece that had the dog and the cat so that I could have them hanging out over the border as you see here.

Card #2:

After looking at any printed pictures on the AS, my next step is to start to divide the rest of the elements.  It became clear really quickly that A2 cards might work better for many of the remaining die cut focals - so I cut the remaining AS into a couple of A2 sized panels - cut a bit smaller than usual to accommodate the size of the die cuts.  I know the border & greeting look like they're bordered in red, but they're actually gold (reflecting the color of my shirt!).  I decided I needed to draw "room" lines to stand any chance of having this look reasonable.  

Inside:

Now this inside is REALLY simple - just the remnants of the border that was used on the card front.

Card #3:

I used the other piece of AS that I had cut to create this card using the largest die cut other than the base piece.  After inking the edges, I added a piece of the AS border that was left - using a scrap piece of card stock as a "shim" so it lays straight.  I added a few extra die cuts - gluing them in place directly.

Inside:

I was finding it challenging to figure out what to do with the insides of the cards.  In this case I simply cut a piece of the die cut page scrap to form a border.

Card #4:

I realized too late that I might have been better off to save that last piece of AS instead of covering most of it up like I did on that last card.  That meant that I had to find papers in my stash for the background.  I found an aqua glimmer paper that went well - but everything looked weird against it.  I realized that it would really help if I had a "rug" for the pet bed to rest on.  As you can see, I found a patterned paper in my stash that I thought would work & cut it to size using "room lines" like for card #2.  After assembling my scene using other die cuts from the set, I inked the edges with black and matted it all on a piece of patterned paper that I found in my stash.

Inside:

I added some remaining "rug pattern" paper to create a border on the inside.

Card #5:

My last card was to use the base die cut, so I pulled out a 5"x 7" card blank.  After using a circle punch to "round" the corners to match the die cut, I inked the edges before gluing the focal in place.  I added several extra die cuts using foam squares, added the sentiment, and my card front was complete.

Inside:


Once again I used a scrap from a die cut page to create a lower border.  After inking the top and bottom edges, I added the dog/cat die cut and called it good.

No comments: