Today's card was inspired by a challenge on the PW Message Board, though I created it more like I saw on this video. It's an easel card, with 4 drawers - one on each side. I plan to add some goodies to the drawers for her birthday, but figure that later she can set it on her desk & keep little things like paper clips & stamps in it. The card itself is 6" square by 1" tall when closed up.
- Printed cardstock - animal print - 2 pieces that are 6" X 6" (these form the very bottom of the card, and the top part of the easel that you see the cat on), and 4 pieces that are 3 1/2" X 8" (scored at 1", 3.5", 4.5" & 7". These are folded and glued together to form the casings for the drawers.) Here's one of the drawer casings before it was added to the card base:
- Printed Cardstock - striped - 1 piece that is 6" X 12" (scored at 6" & 9" to form the rest of the easel card - which is also the top cover over the 4 drawers), and 4 pieces that are 4 3/8" X 5 3/8" (scored 1" from each edge - forms the drawers)
- Acrylic Glimmer Paint (Gleams by Decca) - Painted the inside of the drawers with this so they would be cream colored rather than stark white - and thus better blend with the rest.
- 4 triangular black beads and 4 smaller black beads - for drawer handles - sewn to drawer fronts with black embroidery floss and then glued in place (craft glue) to hide knotted ends & adhere the beads even more securely.
- ATG Gun - to attach everything together
- Pink Glittered Fun Foam (from dollar store) - used to cut rug cat is sitting on, bow for cat, flower parts, swirl embellishments & name.
- Silver mirror metallic card stock - for behind cat
- Cat (head attached with wobble spring, see how cat was made in previous posts - here & here)
- Chipboard Letters (for name - holds easel in place - I cut glitter fun foam to go on top of them)
- Spellbinders Dies - Modern Stationary Cardmakers Die set (for silver behind cat), Scalloped Petite Ovals (cut one side & then the other, to create a narrower oval than is in the die set)
- HOTP Dies (Paper Artist) - 12 Flower Frenzy (for swirl), 10 Tiny Things & Shadows (for Flowers - this post talks about how I made these)
- Happy Birthday Die Cut (not sure where I got this - probably in a swap)
- Hot Pink Stickles - The die cut wasn't the right color so I covered the "Happy Birthday" with pink stickles to match the fun foam.
Here are more pictures of this card:
|Front of Card when Closed|
|Card Opened all the way to see the "Happy Birthday"|
|Card as it would look when sitting on her desk|