Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, August 26, 2016

Masculine Belated Birthday


This is a belated birthday card for one of the people that come to our dances.   I didn't know when his birthday was until a couple of weeks after the fact. Most or the supplies came from HOTP.  The background is a mix of an older gray patterned paper and a Color Me Card Topper (Clocks & Gears).  

After cutting the top off the card topper (for use inside the card), I used watercolor pencils to color the topper in colors that blended well with the paper.  At first, I just used shades of gray and silver, but when I went to post it, it just felt so plain, that I added a spot of color in blue.  The blue was blended with Wink of Stella rather than water like I used on the rest of it.  (You can see what the card looked like in just grays at the end of this post.)  I added a stripe of black ribbon and used a Sharpie to create a black border around the gray paper at the top. 

The elements that combine to form the card focal were also from the Color Me Topper set.  The one that says "It's Past" was blank - I added letter stickers from my stash on that, and to spell out his name below.  The clock is on foam tape for added dimension.  

I added a few music notes stickers (Dazzles) at the top, and then attached the topper to my card front.

Here's the inside:


The inside is pretty similar to the front - just a different ratio of gray paper to card topper.  After coloring the topper, I stamped "Happy Birthday" from the HOTP Masculine Collage set of stamps, and colored it with blue watercolor pencils blended with Wink of Stella. The record & word "Dance" are from the same Dazzles set that I got the music notes from for the front of the card.

Here is what the card looked like before I added the pop of blue:



No comments: