I recently bought some more ink pads & realized I was running out of room in the drawer I was using for storing ink pads. I decided to make something to store them right on my desk so they would be more handy. It was SO easy to make & SO handy to have them all at my fingertips!!!!
I made mine 8 high and 3 wide, but the size is up to you. I wanted it to be able to hold any of my ink pads, so it is made to hold: Distress inks, StazOn inks, Brilliance Archival ink, VersaMark, VersaFine, Colorbox, and some dye inks from Ranger. Here's a view from another angle:
And here's how to make it:
- For each small "cubby" you need a piece of card stock that measures 7 1/8" x 4 3/4".
- Score each of the long edges at 7/8" from the edge.
- Score each of the other two edges at 3 1/8" from the edge.
- Crease all score lines with a bone folder.
- Cut along the red lines shown in the first picture below.
- Fold in the little flaps this creates.
- Rotate card stock so that a 4 3/4" edge faces you (1/4 rotation from the first picture below).
- Put double-stick tape on the outside edge of the two long flaps at the top.
- Put double stick tape on both edges of the little flaps that have been folded in.
- Fold the card stock to create a cubby like that shown in the 2nd picture below - long flaps with no adhesive attach to the flaps that were folded in, then the other long flaps attach on the outside of all of them.
- Then simply glue them together. I glued 8 on top of each other so I had 3 stacks - then glued each stack to the next one to create my storage container.
- To finish it up, cover the outsides with decorative card stock (I added ribbon along the top edges to hide the joins!).