Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu below and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Card Making Frenzy 8

I'm not sure if I'm actually done with this card, but wanted to note what I used before I forgot! :)  This is another card made using one of my card kits based on my pre-made card focals. The yellow paper came with my card making magazine.  The dancers were cut with my Silhouette.

The greeting was made using alcohol ink colored glossy card stock that was stamped in VersaMark and heat embossed with fine white poweder. The stamps were from JustRite (For All You Do, Enjoy the Day Vintage Labels Four), and the piece was cut with a matching die (Vintage Labels Four).  This was matted using pieces cut with Spellbinders Persian Motifs & Accents.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Card Making Frenzy 7

Another Card Kit and Pre-made Focal card. For this card I realized the patterned card stock I had paired with the focal would work GREAT as the card base - so I cut and scored it to fit.  This is another paper I got with my card making magazine.

The focal was another that was glossy card stock colored with alcohol ink and then stamped and heat embossed and cut with a matching die.  The stamps are from JustRite sets: Your Special Day Medallion Labels and For All You Do.  The die is from their Nesting Medallion Labels set.  The focal is matted with a die cut white piece cut using Spellbinders Parisian Motifs.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Card Making Frenzy 6

Based in another of my pre-made focals and card kits, here is another sympathy card I made recently.   It's a little hard to see, but the background paper has tiny white dots all over it. The paper came with my card making magazine and I thought it looked nice with this focal.

The focal (alcohol ink colored glossy cardstock) was stamped and heat embossed with stamps from JustRite (Your Special Day, With Sympathy) and cut with one of their dies (Nested Oval Medallions).  To finish the card I inked the edges of the patterned paper with a green pen & added ribbon borders and bow.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Card Making Frenzy 5

Here's another card making use of my pre-made focals and hand-made cardmaking kits.  In this case, the paper was from HOTP Rosemary & Thyme 6X6 paper pack.  I used a card from a DCWV pastel card box, and it forms a great mat for the patterned paper.

The focal was created with stamps/dies from JustRite.  A Vintage Rose Medallion stamp forms the frame of the focal, and the words come from Sympathy Vintage Labels. I stamped and heat embossed the images on alcohol ink colored glossy card stock using VersaMark ink and gold embossing powder.  I cut the focal using a die from JustRite's Nested Oval Medallions set.  The decorative mat was created using a Spellbinders die from their Holly Motifs set.

On the inside I have another pre-made focal (JustRite stamps With Sympathy & Your Special Day), strips of the patterned paper, and "innies" from the Holly Motif mat cut for the card front.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Card Making Frenzy 4

This quick card started with a pre-made focal created using stamps and dies from HOTP "Greetings and Labels Stamp & Dies" set. It was stamped on green paper with green ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder.  Once again, I had chosen a patterned paper to go with it, but changed my mind when I saw how nice it looked on this green pastel card (DCWV).  I simply embossed a border (Doily Lace - Darice) on the card and mounted my focal with foam tape - quick, easy, yet very nice!

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Card Making Frenzy 3

Here's another quick and easy Sympathy card.  Though I had picked a patterned paper to put with this focal, when I actually made the card, I decided I'd rather just have a white background, so just embossed a piece of glimmer paper (a Spellbinder's M-Bossability folder) and glued it to the card front.  Then all I had to do was add my pre-made focal and I was done!

The focal started with a piece of glossy card stock that I colored with alcohol ink.  I then stamped the focal with VersaMark and embossed it with fine white embossing powder. The stamps used were JustRite (Good Friends Labels 29, With Sympathy) and the focal was cut with a die from Spellbinder's Labels 29 set.

Friday, August 15, 2014

Card Making Frenzy 2

Here's another card made using a card kit I made based on one of my pre-made focals.  The paper came with one of my card making magazines.  Before adding the paper to a pink card from a DCWV pastel card pack, I cut and embossed a piece from the center (where it would be hidden) using a die from Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles set and inked the edges with black ink.  The piece I cut from the patterned paper was layered on a black die cut piece cut with another die from the same set and then placed in the center of the background paper.  I matted the focal with a black die cut made from a die from Spellbinders Ornate Squares die set.

The focal itself was made as the others were using fine black embossing powder and stamps from JustRite's stamp sets Always and Forever Medallion Labels and Be Strong. It was cut with a die from JustRite's Nesting Oval Medallion die set.