Today's card is from the 4th topper set in the Hunkydory Christmas Classics Luxury Card Collection - the one called "Robin and Friends". I came across this "inverted" center step card the other day and just had to try it. It's super easy. For the card base - instead of the step being on the outside, we move it to the inside. This sets the center portion back instead of the edges - though I'm not sure how well you can see it in the picture above. (Perhaps you can see the depth better in the last picture in this post.
- Hunkydory Christmas Classics Luxury Card Collection
- Essential Book of Christmas Sentiments 2016
- Cream colored card base for 5" x 7" card
- Red Glitter foam from the dollar store
- Ribbon from my stash
- foam tape
- Card Base - In the picture above, the dotted lines represent scored lines, and the sold represent cut lines (though please make them straighter than I could get in the picture!!!! ) The two score lines on the outer edges of the cut lines are along the original score line of your card. I started with a 5"x 7" finished card size. Score line A in this case is 1" from the lower edge, score line B is 1" above that. Score line C is 1" past the original center score line. Cut lines are equidistant from the edges - in this case I cut them 1 1/4" from the edge. As you can see, they run from scoreline A to scoreline C. All folds are mountain folds except for scoreline B.
- Sides & Lower Step - I cut a piece of Gold Mirri card stock at 5" x 7" - then cut out a piece in the upper center portion that was 4" x 4 1/2" so it perfectly fit the sides & lower step. I glued that in place, then added a strip of glitter foam tape - then added a greeting from the die cut sheet using foam tape.
- Center Portion of Card Front - I cut a piece of patterned card stock (from a previous topper kit in this same set) 4 1/2" x 4" and glued in place before adding the topper with foam tape.
- Finishing Front - Finally, I added a little greeting from the Essential book to the upper left corner with foam tape.
- Inside: On the inside I took two strips of the patterned card stock and glued a 1/4" cream colored ribbon down the center of each strip (wrapping ends around to the back and gluing in place). Then I centered pieces of 1/8" shiny gold ribbon down the center of the cream colored ribbon and glued in place - again wrapping the ends to the back. Now I simply glued the strips in place as borders on each side of the inside of this card.