Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, April 13, 2024

Digi-papers for April

I realized I hadn't created any cards using digi papers yet this month, so chose a couple and printed them up.  Then I needed to find a way to use them up (would hate to have all my work of clearing my desk disappear so quickly)!  For sentiments, I used some of Sassy's greetings.

Card #1 (above):

I started with this beautiful teal print and went looking for a focal I could use with it.  Fortunately, I found one I had made several years ago that I thought would go well.  It was stamped with two different stamps (JustRite's With Sympathy set, and a small stamp set from Inkadinkadoo called You're a Perfect Cat).  The background color was created with alcohol inks, and the stamping itself was embossed with gold embossing powder.  I then die cut it with a JustRite die called Nested Ovals. I matted this focal on white before adding it to the card front.  Then I created a border with white card stock, gold ribbon from my stash, and a Sassy's greeting.

Card #2:

I didn't like the pink by itself, so decided to find a sketch that would bring the two together.  I chose one of Kendra's Card Challenge#10 - sketch 8 (except adapted for a 5x7 size).  I used this cute kitten (Stampendous Pop-Up Kitties stamps/dies).  After coloring the eyes, nose, and ears with markers, I added a bit of shading with gray chalk.  I added Shimmery Crystal Effects (Stamp'in Up) to the eyes.  I glued the body directly to the card front, then added the glittery fun foam bow before adding the head with foam tape.  The sentiment is another Sassy's - double matted with a scalloped punched pink glitter and a die cut white (Spellbinders Picot Edged Circles).
 
I still had quite a bit of paper leftover.  I decided to chop it in pieces and then figure out what to do with them - something like a two-sheet wonder except that I had more left over from the one than the other.  Anyway, these remaining four cards are what I created - matting most of the elements with black:

Card 3:

 
Here I double matted the sentiment in aqua and then in black.
 
Card 4:

 
This is similar to the last one, but the background is a bit larger, the cross piece narrower - and of course reverse colors were used and the "sketch" rotated 90 degrees.  I used a Spellbinder's Picot Circles die as the 2nd mat for the sentiment to back the pink vellum scalloped punched circle that is the first mat for the sentiment.  I really wanted to center the sentiment top to bottom, but it got stuck in the position you see and I couldn't move it without tearing the paper.  SO, I added 3 double-layered Jewel Dazzles in the bottom right corner to help balance it out - I used the large black ones as a mat for the medium sized pink ones.

Card 5:


I had fun playing with these squares turned on point as I tried to decide what to do with them.  I took my last long scrap of the pink pattern with a narrow strip of black to form a lower border, then placed the matted squares as you see here.  Both sentiments are Sassy's.
 
Card 6:

This time I created a vertical card and embossed the card front before adding the 3 squares/diamonds layered one on top of each other (after matting of course).  The final one became a great mat for my sentiment.  I had intended to leave it at that, but had used some washi tape I didn't like to help me center the pieces - and one tore a bit of the card front as I removed it!  So, I found some tape I DID like and added borders - I quite like them!

No comments: