Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Zip Gift Tag Cards

For some of the zip gift tags I made, I had scraps of the same paper that I figured would go with them to make cards.  I didn't want the tags separated from the scraps - but also didn't want to try to store the scraps with them as they were somewhat unwieldy shapes.  So, I took the scraps and the pre-made tags together and turned them into cards.  It was challenging because the scraps were similar so I had to really work to create variety in my cards.

Card #1 (above):  The scraps I had from this paper were no more than 6" long.  I decided to make a 4" x 6" card.  As you can see, I cut a couple of strips from the patterned paper and matted them on black.  I matted the gift tag the same way before gluing all in place as you see in the picture.

Card #2:

 

The previous card had the stripes going vertically.  For this card, a standard 5" x 7" card blank, I made matted strips that I glued horizontally.  This time I matted them with gold (after die cutting the centers so I would have some precut greetings ready to go) but embossed the center of the card base before adding the matted strips.  This time I didn't mat the tag, but it already had some gold accents on it.

Card #3:

I decided to make this one a fun fold card.  I cut and matted leftover patterned pieces on white card stock that I inked to match the tag itself.  The mat for the tag was inked with Stormy Sky Distress Ink, while the rest of the pieces were inked with Canary Colorbox Cat's Eye Queue Ink.  

Once these were all prepared, I took my 5 x 7 card blank and cut just the front at 1 7/8" wide on each side.  The center piece I then scored crosswise in half (2.5 inches).  I added the larger yellow matted strips to the side pieces and glued them in place - then I glued these pieces to the card back so only the center opens.  Next, I glued the matted tag to ONLY the bottom half of the center piece.  The final small matted patterned piece was added with foam tape squares to form a block so the center part could be folded back and set behind it for display.

Card #4:

I cut this tag out of the center of the card front, so it was easy to piece it back together with the tag in the center.  Because of the white edge around the matted background, I also put a white mat behind the tag.

Card #5:

This is the last of the non-Christmas cards made with gift card tags that had leftover pieces to use to make the card.  It was made for a sketch challenge, and certainly gives a different look than the others.

And now for the Christmas ones.

Card #6:

There wasn't a lot of the green pine tree print left, but I had enough for border top and bottom and decided to use a paper punch with the little scraps to add to the background.

Card #7:

I had VERY little in the way of scraps for this one and decided an embossed (Damask by Darice) red glimmer paper would make a good background.  I also decided on a fold-back card base.  I glued one piece to the right side of the inside, and the other to the folded back part of the card on the left.  I added the tag to just the left, folded-back, side, then did the same with the matted sentiment strip.  Here's a picture of the card partially open:

Card #8:

This one is actually a rather generic card.  While the stars allow it to be a Christmas card, the color allows it to serve for other celebrations as well.

Card #9:


I had used all the larger pine scraps on card #6, but using the punch on that one had given me an idea.  I used a small Christmas tree die to cut tiny trees from the remaining tiny scraps.  After adding them to the background, I added Red Jewel Dazzles before adding the gift tag.  I felt I needed a little more red, so added a red bow.

No comments: