Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, June 11, 2024

India Scrapbook Pages 24-27

Slowly, but surely, I'm making progress on this album - after these I have 10 more pages to go.  Pages 24 & 25 are shown above, but we'll take a closer look at them below:

Page 24:

This was a challenging layout - so many pictures (some much poorer quality than I would have liked), title, journaling, and a brochure from the site that was printed on very flimsy paper.  How to fit it all in?  As you can see, I made a vellum pocket for the brochure that would hold the brochure if I folded it in half.  Since it had already been folded that way, I wasn't concerned about doing so.  The pocket was easily made. I simply folded my vellum around the brochure such that there would be a little wiggle room - then trimmed all selvage except for that on the front - which I glued to the back to create the pocket.  I also made a little thumb hole using a 3/4" circle punch.

It took awhile to figure out how to get the map (which had such tiny print it had to be printed in a large size or was worthless) and the pictures/journaling/title that I wanted on this page.  As you can see, I glued the title to the front of the brochure pocket, the journaling at the very bottom of the page, and then printed the map and photos as a group such that it would fill the remaining space. (Map by Gatis Pāvils - http://www.wondermondo.com/Countries/As/India/Maharashtra/Ellora.htm, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=9796513).  I was pretty happy with the result - except that as I was writing this up I realized I forgot to number the photos as intended to correspond with the journaling.  I'll have to go back and do that, but doubt I'll re-take the picture.

Page 25:

I decided to print all of the remaining photos in a relatively small size (2.5" x 1.8" or so) and arrange them collage style.  The hardest part of this was gluing everything in place without forgetting how I had it laid out!  I finally pulled it apart and started gluing from the center out.  That worked relatively well.

Page 26 & 27:

This layout was nearly as challenging as the last, with lots of photos and journaling.  I finally decided on a few photos to represent the journaling.  I numbered these to correspond to the journaling and printed them along with the title (which is taken from a photo of a sign that was there).  Then I realized it could work to put all of these in the center of the layout and then create a border top and bottom that could hold a bunch more photos that were printed in a standard small size.

Page 26:

Here's a close-up of the first page.  The background paper is from an old DCWV mat stack called Happy Ever After (or something like that).  I found a brick paper in my stash that I cut in 4 strips to make the borders for this page and the next (with a little left over).  I added the black wider border strip stickers from a Dazzles set. to set the borders apart from the background.  I also used a black Sharpie pen to border the title to help it stand out better.

Page 27:

As you can see, this second page is similar to the first, but has the journaling blocks instead of the title block.

No comments: