Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Tiger Scrap Cards

Well, it took me a LONG time to make the last scrapbook layout for the NSD scrapbooking challenges I signed up for (see this post).  In order to meet the challenge, I used distress oxide inks to color several black and white papers to get the yellow/gold and black that was called for.  It turns out I ended up with a LOT of scraps from those papers, even though I only inked what I thought I needed!  

I've sort of made a pact with myself that I won't keep adding to my patterned paper scraps if I can avoid it, so try to use the scraps I create to make cards.  I decided to extend that this time to USE pictures I printed and ended up not using on the layout.  It took me NINE cards to use these up!  (And since I had tiger stuff out, I made a tenth bonus card for good measure.)  Here are my cards.  Sentiments unless otherwise noted are from Sassy's LLC.

Card #1:

Here's a card using one of those extra photos I had printed and didn't use in the layout.  As you can see, I used a couple of different patterned paper scraps, matted with black.  The sentiment is a sample of what I might use, but I removed it after the photo so I can add whatever circular sentiment I want when the time comes to use this card.

Inside:
A similar photo that was printed in a small size adorns the inside of this card made with more scrap and black mats.
 
Card #2:
This card is the one that appears on the top of this post.  It, again, was made using a leftover photo from my tiger layout.  As you can see, it also has some scraps on the side.  Again, I removed the sentiment so I can build up a set of cards with space for whatever sentiment I choose.

Card #3:
 
Another card with sentiment removed after photo - this time I double-matted the sentiment adding a yellow scalloped mat to the black.  As you can see, I used a bunch of narrow stripes of several patterns on black card stock to create the background  for this card.  The focal was matted with pierced rectangles set of dies from Fun Stampers Journey.  The focal itself is part of a page from Hunkydory's Little Book of Animal Planet.

Card #4:
 
This time I left the sentiment strips off, figuring I'd add them later when I knew what this card would be used for.  The focal is again from the Little Book of Animal Planet.  This card is actually an unexpected tri-fold since I put what became the inside panel upside down for the card I was making.  I decided to "fix" it by gluing that card inside another to form a tri-panel - which meant I needed a new card front (what you see above).  
 
Inside Panel:
The picture here and on the very inside below were both cut from a calendar.

 
Card #5:
 
As I continued using up these paper scraps, I had to work harder and harder to figure out focals for them.  This card uses leftovers from a Crafter's Companion card kit to create the focal.  The sentiment was printed from a Debbi Moore freebie, and added with foam tape. 

Card #6:
 
Really scraping the bottom of the barrel for a focal for this one.  I found these floral pieces in my stash - experiments with Color Burst powders.  Not great examples, but I figured it was fine for a "no occasion" card.  The sentiment was made using a Dazzles greeting mounted to white card stock, then matted on black.
 
Card #7:
 
This is another "not so great" focal.  It was from a Hunkydory paper insert collection - faded image because it's designed to go inside a card.  As you can see, I used it on the outside.  Then I found misc in my stash to complete the card - scraps and a stamped sentiment for a border at the bottom, and a couple of flowers from my stash - had blue spots on the yellow flower, but I took a Sharpie to it.  I've had those flowers for years, so it's good to see them getting used!
 
Card #8:
 
I went back to that same little book to create another leopard card.  the sentiment is a fun one, but may not be what is sent out on the card when the time comes.  Almost done with these scraps!  One more card!
 
Card #9:
 
I really like this card!  I like the way the scraps came together, and I like the focal image - another from the Little Book of Perfect Planet.  I thought the sentiment was perfect with this card, so it's stuck on for good this time.

Bonus Card #10:

This card doesn't actually use any of the scraps, but was another calendar image I had out on my desk that I decided to go ahead and use up.
 
Inside:
Inside is another image from the calendar.
 
So, that makes TEN cards - so glad to be able to clear these scraps and pics.  No adding to the scrap pile today!


No comments: