This card is a little hard to see because of so much shiny red!!! This is the 8th card in my 2nd OSW set of cards - corresponding to pieces labeled #8 in my template here.
- Basic Pattern - This card was made as a clutch - similar to what I did for the purse card I made awhile back. I started with a piece of red metallic card stock. Before scoring it I embossed the whole piece. Then I rounded the corners of the flap part of the clutch.
- Embossing - I used a large A5 embossing folder from Craftwell (Decor Circles by Teresa Collins).
- Background - Using the two larger pieces of patterned paper, I glued the smaller to the flap and the larger to the rest of the outside of this card. I think it would have looked better if they had been matted on black, but that didn't happen.
- Catch & Clasp - As you can probably see from the picture, I attached a long strip of the foil card stock to the lower part of the front with brads. This holds the clasp in place. To form the clasp, I took the smaller rectangle piece of patterned paper & cut it into more of a diamond shape. Then I matted it on the red metallic card stock & attached to the flap of the clutch with another small black brad.
- Sentiment - The sentiment was heat embossed on a rectangle of black paper & then glued in place. Sentiment was created with a stamp from the Artful Affirmations set (HOTP).
- Background - I covered most surfaces with plain metallic red card stock (this not only made it look nice, but also covered the brad legs) - leaving just the "bottom" of the purse which I inked in red.
- Focal - The sentiment was another one that was heat embossed on black paper using a stamp from Artful Affirmations. It is visually anchored to the background with the narrow strip of patterned paper.