Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Red & Black Purse


I enjoyed making that Hunkydory Clutch Bag so much that I just had to make another!  This "purse" started as a plain piece of 6" x 12" red card stock (laid horizontally and scored at 2", 6", 7", & 8" and then trimmed at the 11 3/4" line).  The idea came from the Paper Wishes Message Board

OUTSIDE:
  • Background - I covered the main outside area with some HOTP specialty paper called "Peacock Red".  In real life it looks like tooled leather - very pretty.  
  • Clasp & Catch - The clasp & catch were cut from black Mirri card stock using a HOT die for the catch (from 9 Tiny Tags & Little Labels) & a Sizzix die for the clasp (from "Bonjour Paris").  I then embossed them both with a Darice embossing folder ("Damask").  The clasp is attached with a brad (mostly because the die cuts a small hole there!) & double-stick tape.  The catch is attached with double-sided foam tape.  
At this point the clutch looked like this:


  • Finishing Touches - I really wanted it to look more like a purse, so I added fine line border Dazzles (HOTP) for faux stitching, and some 1/8" satin ribbon for the "strap".  You see the result in the first picture.

 INSIDE:

  • Background paper: The patterned paper on the inside is also HOTP - from an old paper pack called "Cardmaker's Classic Creative Pack.  

  • Message Area: The center piece was cut using a die from Spellbinder's Decorative Labels Eight and matted with black paper.  The flowers are ones purchased from Paper Wishes - I layered several on top of each other (they no longer carry these).  The leaves were cut from plain green paper with my Silhouette. I'm not sure the occasion for which I'll use this card, so haven't added a sentiment yet.

No comments: