Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, March 12, 2017

Fixing a Major Mistake


I don't usually pay much attention to the suggested card layouts that come in the Hunkydory kits, but one in particular caught my eye this time because the fold was very unique (Floral Shimmer kit).  It looked reasonably easy to reproduce, so I decided to try it.  I found a nice piece of printed card stock in the kit and scored and cut it as the picture showed.  It came out beautifully and the basic card looked just like what was shown in the picture.  

There was only one problem.   There was no way to fold it flat to go in an envelope for mailing!!!!  I'm sure their original handled that some way, but I couldn't figure it out.  And here I had scored and cut one of those beautiful pieces of card stock in a way that didn't work!  I sure didn't want to waste it.  SO, I tried to figure out how I might re-fold it in a way that hid the fact that I had originally planned something different.  This card was the result.  

I have no idea what to call it, but it looks quite nice in real life.  The element in the center is a spinner.  It's created by gluing small card stock strips  on the inside of the upper and lower "marquees".  They are folded in the center and then have little tabs at the ends for gluing to the card base.  I looped a piece of invisible thread over the center fold of the small strip at the top and then tied it over the bottom one.  Then I simply glued front and back spinner pieces back to back with the thread firmly sandwiched between them.  This is wound up before closing the card so that when the card is open it will spin.  Here are closeups of the two sides of the spinner:



And here's another angle picturing the whole card.


1 comment:

Rosie Guiher said...

Very different and oh so pretty!