Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, March 6, 2017

Christmas in February - er, March - Part 10


A couple of weeks ago I started making Christmas cards using a kit from Hunkydory (Cute Christmas).  The kit said it made "at least 20 cards" which would average 1/2 die cut sheet and 1 coordinating card stock sheet per card.  I knew I could do better than that.  When I last posted cards from this kit, I was up to 42 cards.  Here are 4 more bringing the total to 46.
This first card is more of a true rosy pink than the orangish cast you see in the picture. I used the glitzy paper again from DCWV - love that stuff!  I made the card as an interlocking gate fold with the focal's frame and sentiment glued only to the right side of the card and the focal itself glued only to the left side of the card.

When you open it to the inside, you see this:


You can see I used more of the glitzy paper for borders and as a faux ribbon on the tag.  The tag itself was a die cut from the kit.  All are attached to a coordinating piece of card stock that was glued to the inside center panel.

Next up we have this card.  The gorgeous background is coordinating card stock.  The sentiment is from 2016 Christmas Sentiments (Hunkydory).  The focal and frame are die cuts from the kit.  the frame is attached with foam tape for dimension.  I also added Stickles to the focal to make it sparkle more.


For the inside of the card I used more of the coordinating card stock with a tag (die cut from the kit).  I added a bit of ribbon from my stash to finish it off.


The third card in this set makes use of FIVE die cuts from the kit and three sentiment die cuts from the 2016 Christmas Sentiments.


The background is white glimmer paper embossed with an M-Bossabilities folder called Elite, from Spellbinders.  The two sentiments on the front are raised with foam tape.


The inside uses the rest of those corner die cuts.  A small piece of silver metallic ribbon adds the finishing touch to the sentiment tag.

This last card was a bit of a stretch.  I had set a goal to get at least double the amount of cards from each set of die cuts with coordinating card stock, but this set was a bit more challenging.  However, I kept looking at the empty die cut sheet.  With the die cuts removed, there was this really interesting scalloped circle shape with ribbon-like extensions on each of the four sides.  I decided to cut it out and use it on the front of this card.


It's hard to see the subtle blue and pink circles, but you can see them if you look closely.  I glued it to another embossed piece of white glimmer paper that I used for the background.  It was embossed with another M-Bossabilities folder called Venetian.  The small center focal is from the 2016 Christmas Sentiments and is mounted with foam tape.  It is encircled with piece of silver glimmer paper that I die cut with a Spellbinder's die (Holly Motifs).

So, there you have 4 more cards.  46 cards from a set that is to make "at least 20" isn't bad.  And I still have one more die cut sheet with it's card stock to go!!!!

No comments: