A couple of weeks ago I started making Christmas cards using a kit from Hunkydory (Cute Christmas). The kit said it made "at least 20 cards" which would average 1/2 die cut sheet and 1 coordinating card stock sheet per card. I knew I could do better than that. When I last posted cards from this kit, I was up to 42 cards. Here are 4 more bringing the total to 46.
This first card is more of a true rosy pink than the orangish cast you see in the picture. I used the glitzy paper again from DCWV - love that stuff! I made the card as an interlocking gate fold with the focal's frame and sentiment glued only to the right side of the card and the focal itself glued only to the left side of the card.
When you open it to the inside, you see this:
Next up we have this card. The gorgeous background is coordinating card stock. The sentiment is from 2016 Christmas Sentiments (Hunkydory). The focal and frame are die cuts from the kit. the frame is attached with foam tape for dimension. I also added Stickles to the focal to make it sparkle more.
For the inside of the card I used more of the coordinating card stock with a tag (die cut from the kit). I added a bit of ribbon from my stash to finish it off.
The third card in this set makes use of FIVE die cuts from the kit and three sentiment die cuts from the 2016 Christmas Sentiments.
The background is white glimmer paper embossed with an M-Bossabilities folder called Elite, from Spellbinders. The two sentiments on the front are raised with foam tape.
The inside uses the rest of those corner die cuts. A small piece of silver metallic ribbon adds the finishing touch to the sentiment tag.
This last card was a bit of a stretch. I had set a goal to get at least double the amount of cards from each set of die cuts with coordinating card stock, but this set was a bit more challenging. However, I kept looking at the empty die cut sheet. With the die cuts removed, there was this really interesting scalloped circle shape with ribbon-like extensions on each of the four sides. I decided to cut it out and use it on the front of this card.
It's hard to see the subtle blue and pink circles, but you can see them if you look closely. I glued it to another embossed piece of white glimmer paper that I used for the background. It was embossed with another M-Bossabilities folder called Venetian. The small center focal is from the 2016 Christmas Sentiments and is mounted with foam tape. It is encircled with piece of silver glimmer paper that I die cut with a Spellbinder's die (Holly Motifs).
So, there you have 4 more cards. 46 cards from a set that is to make "at least 20" isn't bad. And I still have one more die cut sheet with it's card stock to go!!!!