This is the first card in my 2nd "one sheet wonder" set. In general for this set of cards, in addition to 1 12" x 12" sheet of an older HOTP gold and black patterned paper I used:
- Variety of colored card bases and/or card stock to make them (from my stash)
- Black paper and card stock from my stash – used for matting as well as a base for the heat embossing
- Gold embossing powder & Versamark ink for heat embossing
- Misc embellishments from my stash
If you look at the template on this page, you'll see that the pieces labeled #1 are the ones that were used for this card.
- Background: As you can see, I started with a purple card base that I purchased somewhere. I took my triangle piece & attached a piece of purple ribbon approximately 1/8th of an inch from the longest edge. and attached it to the lower right corner of the card.
- Focal: I started with a piece of black paper & heat embossed the stamped image using gold embossing powder. The stamp is from the "Artful Affirmations" set of stamps (HOTP). Then I matted this multiple times - in purple, then black, then gold - before adding to the card with dimensional tape.
- Finishing: I added purple Jewel Dazzles - 3 in the bottom right corner & one in the upper left corner of the focal.
- Background: The card base was pretty dark, so I cut a rectangle of lavender paper a bit smaller than the card base and attached it as you can see. This will make it easier for my recipient to read the message I write.
- Focal: This time I used the patterned paper behind the stamped/embossed sentiment as a semi-mat (this stamp is also from Artful Affirmations).