Today's card started out as possible elements for one last one sheet wonder card set with the gold heat-embossed images on black paper. But since I didn't use any of the patterned paper, it isn't really a part of that set.
Here's how I made it:
- Background - background & focal (with finishing touches) were put together as a card topper before being added to the card front. The background was a black piece of paper cut a bit smaller than the card front. On top of that is a piece of embossed gold glimmer paper (smaller still). It was embossed with a 5" x 7" M-Bossabilities folder called "Imperial" (Spellbinders).
- Focal - Focal used stamps from Lacy Things stamp set (HOTP) to heat emboss in gold on a black background.
- Finishing - I added black 1/8" satin ribbon, lining it up with the lace & wrapping it around the black background piece. Then the whole "topper" was attached to the card. A bow in the upper left corner finishes the front.
- Border - A gold strip of glimmer paper was embossed using a Cuttlebug embossing folder, then matted on black before being added to the bottom of the inside of the card.
- Butterfly - Another stamp from Lacy Things heat embossed in gold on black paper - then fussy cut before gluing just the body & antennae in place (wings folded up)