Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thank You - Continues!

The Thanksgiving holiday is behind us, but I hope not the thought behind it.  I choose to carry that spirit of Thanksgiving with me into the Christmas holidays and the coming year.  I'll finish out the Thanksgiving theme with today's thank you cards - which of course could be used at any time of the year!  Once again, they feature focals from the Antique Autumn Tags One stamp set and matching dies from JustRite.

I really like the way this first card came together.  It was quite unexpected!  Here's how I did it:
  • Brown patterned paper from DCWV matstack with element cut out (5X7 Enchanted Labels 28 from Spellbinders) and saved for later
  • Green patterned paper from HOTP
  • "Saved" brown element
  • Peach card stock cut/embossed with die from Spellbinders' Decorative Labels Twenty-Seven, and a green piece cut from a smaller die from the same set
  • I just had to try threading some ribbon through the holes in that small green element, and you see the result.
  • The stamped image is colored with glittery gel pens.

This one is not a favorite, though it took some time to complete!  The pink layers - both glitter card stock and vellum - were cut with dies from the Holly Motifs and Accents set from Spellbinders. The white is from Spellbinder's Labels One die set. I cut a lot of the pink pieces apart, and and I also used a lot of the "innies" arranging them as you see here around the focal (colored with gel pens), and the corners of the card.  I like the focal, but am less happy with the corner treatments.  At any rate, it was an interesting experiment.  I finished the card off with some Liquid Pearls.

The focal for this last card was colored with chalks and gel pens and accented with liquid pearls.  It is layered onto a couple of pieces (purple paper and brown glitter cardstock) that were cut with dies from the Ornate Squares set from Spellbinders.  The remaining two pieces were cut using their 5X7 Enchanted Labels 28 set. I used a brownish Liquid Pearls to accent those pieces.  I may add a ribbon bow - it looks like it could use a "little something" else.

2 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Cheryl, your thank you cards are beautiful.

Carol J said...

I hope things are going okay for you. We miss you !

Carol