The Thanksgiving holiday is behind us, but I hope not the thought behind it. I choose to carry that spirit of Thanksgiving with me into the Christmas holidays and the coming year. I'll finish out the Thanksgiving theme with today's thank you cards - which of course could be used at any time of the year! Once again, they feature focals from the Antique Autumn Tags One stamp set and matching dies from JustRite.
I really like the way this first card came together. It was quite unexpected! Here's how I did it:
- Brown patterned paper from DCWV matstack with element cut out (5X7 Enchanted Labels 28 from Spellbinders) and saved for later
- Green patterned paper from HOTP
- "Saved" brown element
- Peach card stock cut/embossed with die from Spellbinders' Decorative Labels Twenty-Seven, and a green piece cut from a smaller die from the same set
- I just had to try threading some ribbon through the holes in that small green element, and you see the result.
- The stamped image is colored with glittery gel pens.
The focal for this last card was colored with chalks and gel pens and accented with liquid pearls. It is layered onto a couple of pieces (purple paper and brown glitter cardstock) that were cut with dies from the Ornate Squares set from Spellbinders. The remaining two pieces were cut using their 5X7 Enchanted Labels 28 set. I used a brownish Liquid Pearls to accent those pieces. I may add a ribbon bow - it looks like it could use a "little something" else.