Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, February 10, 2014

Catching Up


It's been a LONG time since I posted to this blog, and I apologize to my readers for that.  Life has gotten VERY busy and I've had little time for paper crafting at all, let alone blogging.  I DID manage to make a few cards over the last few months, and over the next few days, I'll show them here - and hopefully sometime soon I'll be able to get back to more regular paper crafting.

This card was put together quickly for an important 35th anniversary, made of several layers:
  • Background paper was inked with red ink
  • Next three layers up were cut with successive dies from the Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles - largest one from white glimmer paper with the smaller white cut from the center of it, and red glimmer paper cut with the die in-between the other two.  The smaller white piece has the edges inked with red ink.
  • The focal was stamped using JustRite Antique Valentine Tags One stamps, using red ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder before being cut with the matching cutting dies. Then it was set in a red frame cut with Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two.
For the inside I used similar layers:


Starting with a background piece cut from the same background piece using the Spellbinder's Resplendent Rectangles dies.  The message was stamped on a white oval that was cut using a die from Spellbinder's Radiant Rectangles.  The frame started as a red glimmer paper cut with a die from Spellbinder's Fancy Tags Two.  It was then cut into pieces to frame the oval as you see here.

No comments: