Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, February 27, 2014

Black & Pink with Roses


The other day I suddenly realized I needed a birthday card made quickly!  I was SOOOO glad I had prepared card focals ahead of time! They made this card quick and easy.

Materials:
  • Prepared heat-embossed focals
  • Smooch inks
  • Black paper
  • Pink striped paper (HOTP)
  • Cutting dies (Fancy Tags Two, Labels 29, Edgeability insert, Vintage Labels Two - all Spellbinders though last one was made for JustRite)

Method:
  1. Starting with the prepared Rose focal, I colored it using Smooch inks, and set it aside to dry.  I did the same with the "Fabulous birthday" focal that I used for the inside of the card (see below).
  2. While those pieces were drying, I prepared the rest of the card front, starting with the striped piece cut just a bit smaller than the card so the white card became a mat for my background paper.
  3. Using the largest Labels Twenty-nine die, I cut a piece from black paper and attached a horizontal strip of the pink striped paper in the center of it.  I ran a piece of pink grosgrain ribbon across the center of that.
  4. After the ink dried on my rose focal, I cut a shape from black paper using the same die that was used to cut the focal.  I cut this black piece in half lengthwise, arranging the pieces so they formed a mat on either side of my focal, trimming the pieces at the top and bottom as needed to finish it nicely.
  5. I cut a black decorative piece using a die from the Fancy Tags Two set, cut it in half, and arranged each half behind my focal before gluing all in place as you see here.
Here is the inside of the card, using that same striped paper:


No comments: