The other day I suddenly realized I needed a birthday card made quickly! I was SOOOO glad I had prepared card focals ahead of time! They made this card quick and easy.
- Prepared heat-embossed focals
- Smooch inks
- Black paper
- Pink striped paper (HOTP)
- Cutting dies (Fancy Tags Two, Labels 29, Edgeability insert, Vintage Labels Two - all Spellbinders though last one was made for JustRite)
- Starting with the prepared Rose focal, I colored it using Smooch inks, and set it aside to dry. I did the same with the "Fabulous birthday" focal that I used for the inside of the card (see below).
- While those pieces were drying, I prepared the rest of the card front, starting with the striped piece cut just a bit smaller than the card so the white card became a mat for my background paper.
- Using the largest Labels Twenty-nine die, I cut a piece from black paper and attached a horizontal strip of the pink striped paper in the center of it. I ran a piece of pink grosgrain ribbon across the center of that.
- After the ink dried on my rose focal, I cut a shape from black paper using the same die that was used to cut the focal. I cut this black piece in half lengthwise, arranging the pieces so they formed a mat on either side of my focal, trimming the pieces at the top and bottom as needed to finish it nicely.
- I cut a black decorative piece using a die from the Fancy Tags Two set, cut it in half, and arranged each half behind my focal before gluing all in place as you see here.