Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, November 20, 2013

You Are . . .


Today's cards once again make use of the Just Rite "Antique Autumn Tags One" stamps and matching "Antique Tags One" die set.  I've used the same stamped frame for both, but stamped different sentiments inside them.  That is one of the things I love about these stamps - the frames can be used to frame a variety of sentiments.  These particular sentiments are a part of the set, but I can, and do, use other sentiment stamps with them.

This blue card starts with a piece of striped paper that I've had in my stash for some time.  I don't remember who made it.  I inked the edges and adhered it to my card base.  The next layer up is a piece of white glimmer paper that was embossed in an embossing folder.  I love the texture that adds!  Next layer up is a piece of dark blue glimmer paper cut and embossed with a die from Spellbinder's Resplendent Rectangles. The lighter blue is cut and embossed with a die from their Radiant Rectangles set.  The focal tag itself is framed by another dark blue piece cut and embossed with a die from their Ornate Squares set. The tag itself was stamped in black ink and then shaded around the edges with with blue chalk and popped up on foam tape.




This card brings an unusual color pairing of brown and purple.  It is brought together in the background paper that comes from another 6.5" x 4.5" matstack from DCWV called "Indian Summer".  For the focal, starting with the bottom layer, we have a white layer cut with a die from Spellbinder's Fleur De Lis Squares, then a brown glitter cardstock piece cut and embossed with a die from their Ornate Squares.  The next layer is a purple glimmer paper cut and embossed with a die from their Decorative Labels Eight set.  The stamped label itself is stamped in brown ink and shaded around the edges with purple chalk.  It is then inset into a white piece that was cut and embossed with a die from Spellbinder's Ornate Squares die set before being added with foam tape for dimension.

No comments: