Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Heartfelt Thanks - You are a Blessing


Today I've got a couple more Thank You/Thanksgiving cards.  Both once again showcase stamps from the JustRite stamp set called "Antique Autumn Tags One" and the matching dies.

Fir this first card, I used a sentiment from another set in the frame from this set.  I colored it with red chalk, silver gel pen, and red Stickles for the "jewel".  This is once again mounted in layers cut with Spellbinder's dies.  

  • The back layer is a plain piece of red.  I cut/embossed a couple of small squares from the Fair Isle Pendant die set before gluing it down, so I could have them for later. 
  • The black mat is cut with a die from the Resplendent Rectangles set.  Once again, I cut a black square from the Fair Isle Pendant set which I saved for later.
  • Next came a silver glimmer paper cut and embossed with a MaryAnn cut/emboss folder.  I trimmed away part of the design so it would fit within the black mat. 
  • I attached the "saved" pendant pieces to my sentiment (cutting the black one apart so the ends would show a bit more from behind the sentiment), then mounted the whole thing to the rest with foam tape.



For this card (once again stamped with stamps from that JustRite set & cut with the matching die) I chose to color the tag with yellow and pink chalks.  The background paper is a glittered cardstock from a DCWV matstack.  The gold is glimmer paper; the pink is foil paper; the brown is glittered cardstock.  I used the following Spellbinders dies (in addition to the JustRite one):

  • Marvelous Squares die for the gold corner pieces
  • 5X7 Enchanged Labels 28 (cut in half and separated slightly) for the bottom layer of matting
  • Resplendent Rectangles die for the pink foil
  • Ornate Squares for the brown glittered cardstock piece
  • Gold Labels Four for the next gold layer up.
  • Decorateive Labels Eight for the tiny pink foil piece just peeking out behind the tag focal.

No comments: