Today I've got two more Thanksgiving Cards. For each of them, the frames for the sentiments come from the JustRite stamp set (Antique Autumn Tags One) and matching die set that I've been using all week. The sentiment itself, this time came from another of their sets called "Vintage Rose Medallions". I love the sentiment. It is such a good reminder to me!
This first card is a favorite and was so quick and easy to make! I started with a printed 4.5" X 6.5" piece from a DCWV Matstack called Harvest Gathering. It is such a beautiful piece it doesn't need much else! I cut and embossed a mat for my sentiment from a beautiful copper foil paper using a Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight die. The ribbon was one I scavenged from a small gift or card I received. It looks like it was just made for it! That's it! Quick and easy, but I love it!
I'll admit that this one isn't one of my favorites. I wanted to use the background paper (another from the DCWV matstack) and had a really hard time figuring out how I wanted to use it. But it looks nice in person. The tree trunks and bottom later of the stacked sentiment are all a lovely copper metallic.
The layered sentiment was made this way:
- Bottom layer: Copper foil paper cut and embossed with a die from Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles set.
- The next layer (rust color) is actually four die cut pieces tucked behind the yellow. I cut two tags from Spellbinder's Ornate Squares die set, and cut each in half giving me the bits you see at each of the four corners.
- Next is the yellow layer which was cut and embossed with a die from Spellbinders Gold Labels Four.
- The sentiment is tucked into another of the tag die cuts from Ornate Squares die set. I took a couple of the "innies" from that die cut and glued them top and bottom.
- The sentiment itself is colored with two different colors of chalk blended together.