Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, November 23, 2013

I'm So Thankful for You

Today's Thanksgiving cards showcase another Stamp Set from JustRite.  This one is called "Autumn Vintage Labels Three". I LOVE the acorn frame!  And the sentiment is perfect for Thanksgiving cards!  

This first card came together pretty quickly.  
  • The background is a brown glitter cardstock cut with the largest die from Spellbinder's 5X7 Elegant Labels Four. I think I snipped out a bit at the sides with scissors to give this look.
  • Then there is the mat for my sentiment. It was made in two layers.  I first cut the black piece with a die from Spellbinder's Ornate Squares.  Then using the same die as a template I traced around it on the blue-green paper and cut that out with scissors.
  • The sentiment was colored with gel pens, using my Dove Blender pen.  I like the look I get by doing that.  For instance, on the leaves, I drew in green on the veins, then used the blender to pull the color out to the rest of the leaf, giving a two-toned effect.  Similarly with the acorns, I drew on the cap, then used the blender pen to draw the color out over the rest of the acorn.  I pinked the edge of this piece and attached it with foam tape. 


The second card today uses the same sentiment, but I get a totally different look by using a different frame.  This one is from a Hot Off the Press stamp set called "Stamp and Punch".  I stamped it in black ink, and then used purple chalk and a water pen (AquaPainter from StampinUp) to color the edges. I few dots of purple Stickles sets it off nicely.  I matted it with a plain square mat and then layered that on top of the tag piece cut from Spellbinders Ornate Squares die set. I added a bit of purple Stickles here too, giving the look of jewels. The whole thing was attached with foam tape.

The background is done in three layers.  Plain black, topped with embossed white (M-Bossabilities folder), and then a purple piece. The white and purple are both glimmer paper, so this looks quite pretty in person.  The purple piece was created using one of MaryAnn's "Cut and Emboss" folders.  I love that it cuts and embosses all at the same time!  I enhanced the background a bit using dots of black Enamel Accents.

That's it for today!  Hope you've enjoyed seeing these as much as I've enjoyed making them!

No comments: