Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, November 25, 2013

Time to Give Thanks - Again!

Today I am back to Thanksgiving cards featuring a stamp that I showcased last week.  For this first card, I colored the stamped image with chalks and my AquaPainter pen.  In addition to that JustRite stamp (Antique Autumn Tags One) and die (Antique Tags One), this first card showcases Spellbinder's 5X7 Elegant Labels Four die set.  The largest die cut the green background.  As is my usual practice, I used a die from the standard Labels Four set to cut out a shape from the middle that would be hidden by the purple mat. I did the same with the purple mat, expecting to use the cut-out piece from the green to make another layer before adding the brown piece (brown glitter card stock also cut with the 5X7 Elegant Labels Four set).  As I started to assemble the card, though I realized I rather liked having the cream colored card base peek through, so I didn't add the green cut-out.  As you can see, I threaded a ribbon through the die cut pieces to finish off the card.


This card is a bit different!  The corner treatments are from a Marvelous Squares die (Spellbinders).  I used a couple more on the ends of the copper mat (which was cut with a die from Resplendent Rectangles).  Then I cut two more pieces from the brown - this time using a Decorative Labels Twenty-Seven die. Then I cut each in four pieces and arrange the resulting pieces behind the copper mat. I cut the green backing for my chalk-colored stamped image out of green glitter card stock using a die from Fancy Tags Two die set.  Before gluing everything in place, I went looking for a die to use to cut out the hidden part of the copper mat (can't waste any of that beautiful paper afterall!).  The "buckle" from the Radiant Rectangles die set was just the thing and I just HAD to thread some green ribbon through that lovely buckle to finish off this card.  Oh yes, the decorative background paper is from a DCWV 4.5 x 6.5 matstack.

No comments: