Yesterday I showed you the results of my wax paper resist experiments. Today is a look at what I did with the leftovers. After my papers were all colored so nicely, I was left with a bunch of embossed waxed paper - without much of the wax left. I started to throw them out, but just couldn't! They still looked so nice with their lovely embossed designs.
So, I decided to cover them with alcohol ink, using the applicator with felt pieces. Now I have a bunch of colorful translucent papers to use in my card making. They sort of remind me of printed vellum or tissue paper. Here are closeup pictures of a couple of them (the two on the left side of the picture above):
This fern-like emboss was colored with a mix of Willow, Lettuce and Clover. The Oriental design below is colored with Butterscotch and Gold Mixative.
In tomorrow's post, I'll start showing how some of the results of the last couple of day's experiments look when they're made up into cards.