Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Fun with Flock!

As you can see, I haven't yet added a sentiment to this card - I'll wait to see the occasion for which it's needed.  As it is, it can easily be used for get well, thinking of you, birthday, etc.  As you can probably tell, there's a little tag toward the bottom where I will put the sentiment when the time comes. 

The picture of this card is FAR from doing it justice. I just haven't figured out how to get good pictures when the paper is mostly glimmer paper.  Anyway, the background of this is a maroon glimmer paper that's been embossed with an M-Bossabilities folder from Spellbinders.  The focal and mats are cut with spellbinder's dies.  The mat is a peachy-pink delicately patterned paper that is really pretty in person - not sure who made it.  The tag for the sentiment is hooked through the patterned edge of this mat - it hasn't even been glued in place yet, but the "hooks" hold it where it goes. 

The focal on this is the fun part.  It uses a new-to-me technique that I recently saw on a TV show called "Scrapbook Soup".  Basically, you use dimensional paint with a stencil, carefully remove the stencil, then quickly sprinkle your image with flocking, tapping off the excess before letting it dry. (Make sure you clean your stencil right away - dimensional paint can be hard on them.) This gives such a fun effect and is really nice in person. You just HAVE to touch it! :-)

For this particular focal, I used several colors of dimensional paint on a black glimmer-paper background.  I did the stem and leaves in green, then put a touch of red in the center of the flower before adding white.  This gives a pinkish flower with shading that looks really nice in person.  I used white fun flock over all of it - stem, leaves, and flower. As you can see, the flock doesn't really change the color - just adds a fun furry texture. I can't wait to experiment with other colors.  I need more fun flock! :-)

No comments: