Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Template Stenciling


This card is a little different.  It comes out of experiments using templates as stencils with dimensional paint.  I made this card for a challenge on the Paper Wishes Message Board, but had already started playing with the butterfly template this way before I saw the challenge.  

Templates/Stencils: The butterflies are from the HOTP template 15 Butterflies and Dragonflies, and the frame is a Crafter's Workshop template called 12 x 12 Fancy Frames.  I also used a metal stencil for the greeting - again with dimensional paint. The hardest part about this card was waiting long enough for the dimensional paint to dry.  Hitting it with a heat gun tends to cause extra warping and I didn't want that. 

Background: I started by using blue dimensional paint with the frame template directly on the front of the card.  After removing the stencil, I sprinkled white fun flock over it for some added texture.

Sentiment: The greeting started with a die-cut square (Spellbinder's Fleur de Lis Squares) of blue glimmer paper. The stencil I used was a heart-shaped one with this message inside it (made by Heritage Handcrafts).  I masked what I didn't want to use, then used white dimensional paint over the words.

Embellishments: The butterflies were also stenciled with white dimensional paint on blue glimmer paper.  After the paint dried, I fussy cut around them, leaving a narrow border of blue paper.  I folded the wings along the body and then made antennae from thin 34 gauge wire which I glued to the back.  I added black FlowerSoft to the center to form the body and attached them with double sided tape JUST along the body. 

No comments: