Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Different Oriental Card


The patterned paper on this card is another waxed resist paper that I made as described here.  It's layered on top of a white embossed mat and then on the card itself.  

Using lighter colors like these with the Far East stamp set (HOTP) gives a very different look that that of the strong black/red/white/gold I used in recent cards (here, here, and here).  The lanterns are stamped with a stamp from the Far East set from HOTP.  They are colored using my Aqua Painter water brush and Worn Lipstick distress ink. The bottom edge is cut and embossed with a Spellbinders Edgeability die, and then colored in the same way.

The sentiment was stamped with distress ink on white cardstock and then cut with a Fancy Tags Die (Spellbinders).  Using the water brush, I stenciled more color around the die.  This was matted over a pink piece cut with a couple of dies from Octagon Strips and Accents. The white mat was made by tracing around the outside of the die and cutting on the tracing line.

No comments: