Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, April 19, 2013

Emboss It, Stamp It, Pop It Up


Hot pink and teal - two of my favorite colors. This card began as a piece of left over embossed waxed paper. I covered it with Stream colored alcohol ink. I then stamped this birdhouse on it with black StazOn and embellished it with Smooch inks.  

I embossed a piece of white cardstock with the same embossing folder I used for the waxed paper and glued it to the front of the card.  Then I added a leftover pink glittered cardstock "frame" to frame the entire card. It wasn't quite the right size so I cut a small piece out of the center and lined up the edges - you can't even see it on the finished card.

I rounded the corners of the piece of waxed paper.  The piece was smaller than I really wanted it to be, so I cut it and separated it with a white embossed strip of paper that I slipped under the pink frame. 

The birdhouse didn't "pop" the way I wanted it to, so I stamped it again on glossy white cardstock and on the glittered cardstock. I cut out the house from the glittered cardstock and glued it to the glossy cardstock. I mounted it with dimensional tape on top of the previous one.  Then I colored it in with Smooch ink.

For the sentiment, I die cut a tag from the pink glittered cardstock.  Using the die, I traced the inner shape on a piece of white paper, cut it out, and stamped the sentiment.  At this point, the card looked like this:


I liked it, but it felt a bit off balance, so I decided to create the border you see on the finished card.  I cut a strip of the glittered cardstock and glued the black ribbon to it.  Then I die cut a tag. It was longer than I wanted, so I just chopped a piece out of the center, taped the ends together, and added it to the border. I cut a small piece of white for the center of this tag, then added the black bow.

No comments: