Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, April 29, 2013

More Decorative Labels Eight


This started with another wax resist paper I made.  The first thing I did for this card was to cut out the center of my patterned paper using the second largest die in the Decorative Labels Eight set. I cut a large piece of the purple glimmer paper using the largest die in the set.  

To make the focal, I used the third die to cut the white card stock piece.  While the die was still in place, I stamped the flowers - using a stamp from the Artful Collection from HOTP.  I stamped the sentiment, then added color with my water brush and the purple ink. I colored most deeply right around the inside edge of the die, then using more water I added a light bit of color in the area inside the die.  Next I sprayed with some silver Smooch Spritz before removing the die to reveal the white decorative edge.  

To put the card together, I simply layered the pieces I'd gathered.  First the outer edge of the patterned paper, then the purple glimmer, then the inside cut piece of the patterned paper.  Finally, I added the focal with foam tape.

No comments: