Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, March 7, 2013

Memory Board = Scrapbook Part 4

Continuing my look at turning a memory board into a scrapbook, I once again remind you of what the board looked like to start with.  Today I'll take a look at the four pictures across the center of the gold section.  I made them into 4 different pages:



Here you can see that I added to the title, cutting the words "to" and "OREGON" (with my Silhouette) to add to the original title "Moving".  I used multiple mats to create the illusion of a larger focal picture.  The mats were cut with a die set from Cheery Lynn. The die cut a border that was a bit too lacy for this theme, so I just snipped it off, leaving the edges you see here.  The borders are done with an EK punch.  My paper was only 11" long which left a half-shell at the bottom of each.  So, for each border I punched an extra shell, aligned it exactly on top of the half shell and glued it in place to create the look you see here.  The border was finished off by running a ribbon down the center of it.  What I had was a satin ribbon which seemed too dressy for this page - so I just put it wrong side up!  Looks just right!

This page is a fun one and I wanted to add to the fun a bit.  You may be able to tell that the border is created with the outside of the die cut used on the last page (not having a 12 x 12 machine, when I used the die, I folded my paper in half so I could leave the outer part of my 12 x 12 page intact). The corner treatments started with a Nestabilities Label from Spellbinders. To check out the technique, see earlier post here. The corners are "enhanced" by the addition of little "worms" that I cut on my Silhouette.



 This page was a challenging one for me.  I liked the picture for the background as golfers are often out in a misty morning like this, but even with triple matting, the picture was not large enough.  Adding stamped friendship sayings using white opaque ink (Daisy White from Close to My Heart) helped a lot.



This was another page that took some work.  It's such a silly picture, taken at McGraff's Fish House.  It was a bit of a challenge to figure out how to make it look like it belonged with the rest of the pages.  As you can see, I added some gold borders (leftovers from the glitter cardstock I used earlier)to help it tie in with the rest of the book, and used the blue marbled background that I'd used elsewhere.  Matting the picture several times helped, but it still needed an extra something.  I looked through my stash, hoping to find some fish - but no such luck.  Then I remembered a paper piecing book I got from Hot Off the Press.  Voila!  Some paper-pieced fish to finish out the page.


No comments: