Yesterday I mentioned a paper swap I participated in. Here are a couple of cards I made with some of the paper I got from that swap. Both cards are also made using up some old yellow card bases I've had on hand for awhile and tend to avoid using. Both are also get well cards for dance friends.
This first card base was a window card, so I tried to work with that. I covered the front of the card with a pretty paper (from the swap), saving the little square that remained when I cut out the window portion to match the card base. Then I decided to use a square border stamp with it (from a HOTP set) - I stamped THROUGH the square hole. This stamped a bit of a border around the window itself, but put most of the stamp through to the inside (see next picture). I matted the little saved square of paper on a brown piece of cardstock, turned it on point for a diamond shape, and stamped my focal image and sentiment before attaching it in front of the window - leaving just a hint of window at the corners.
Opening the card shows not only the square frame that I stamped previously, but also side borders stamped from the same stamp set. Though that set has a "thinking of you" stamp, I chose to use one from my K & Company stamp set instead. The finished card had a little butterfly (like you'll see on the next card) in the center of the brown cardstock you see through the window - but I forgot to put it on before taking the picture!
This is the second card I made with these papers. It started with one of those "accidents" that I had to deal with. Unknown to me, the card had fallen on the floor and the back of it had gotten marked up. I could never send a card that looked like that, so I tried to figure out what to do about it. I decided to fold the card back the other way so the back of the card was now the inside - and ready to be covered with paper to hide the messy marks. Not wanting the oval cut-out to be at the bottom of the card, I turned the card on its side as you see here. (I did re-ink the edges of the oval and card with the tan-brown color that I used around the sentiments, so they'd stand out better - but didn't get another picture.)
The card front is embossed with an M-bossabilities folder from Spellbinders. The "Thinking of You" is once again a stamp from K&Company. The name is built from individual alphabet stamps that I got second hand so don't know who made them.
On the inside, the green patterned paper hides the marks I mentioned earlier. The flower stamp (a small stamp from HOTP) is stamped a couple of times, then colored in with stamping ink and my Aqua Painter. The little butterflies are a portion of a mini stamp from Inkadinkadoo. They were stamped on bits of leftover paper from the previous card, so needed no additional coloring. Their little wings are lifted with foam tape. A strip of the paper leftover from the first card creates a border across the bottom. The rest of the leftover paper is cut into two little squares. These are turned on point, stamped with my sentiment (stamp from a HOTP set), and popped up on foam tape.