Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Masculine Card


In the last month, my need for cards has greatly outstripped what I had made ahead.  This was partly true because of the sheer number of cards I've needed. For example, where I usually send one or so a month, I've needed 10 in the last 3-4 weeks.  This means that where I usually try to keep:
  • 15 or more Thinking of You cards on hand - I only have 4
  • 5 Sympathy cards on hand - I have NONE
  • 10 Thank You cards on hand -  I have 2
  • 2 Get Well cards on hand (I usually use Thinking of You instead) - I have NONE
  • 5 Birthday cards on hand - I have NONE
Yikes! And the challenge has been exacerbated by the fact that so many of them were going to males!  I hadn't realized how much my stash of home-made cards was weighted toward the female perspective!  In the past, it just so happened that most the cards I needed to send were to women with just an occasional male in the mix.  But that has not been true in the last few months!  Of the last 6 sympathy cards I've sent, 4 have been to males.  And of the last 6 get well cards I've sent, 5 have been to males.  No wonder I was running out of appropriate cards!

Obviously, I need to get a bunch of cards made - and I decided I better start with some masculine ones! Today I'll show three of them.

The first one (above) is based in the Masculine Collage stamps from HOTP.  The background paper is from the Cardmakers Classic Creative Pack from HOTP.  The patterned papers used for the focal were ATC-sized papers I recieved in a SWAP -  I heat embossed the words to try to help them stand out better against the background.

Here are a couple more I made:
On this last card, I added gold smooch to the stamped images.  The patterned papers used for matting the focals on both of these were more from the SWAP mentioned above. For these last two cards, though most of the stamps were from HOTP, the focal on the "Thinking of You" one was made with a stamp from Stampendous.

No comments: