Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, March 31, 2013

Birthday Cheer


Yes!  This card is also using paper from the paper swap - but this time I don't think the paper was from HOTP.  No idea who made it. It's one of the first red and green papers I've seen that didn't immediately scream "Christmas" at me. I liked the little jagged edge at the bottom -- the paper came that way.  But I decided to dress it up a bit with this bit of lace with 1/4" white ribbon & 1/8" red ribbon woven through it.

The focal just sort of evolved.  I tried stamping my sentiment on the paper itself - but the background was too busy for the stamping to show up well.  So, I found a white die cut piece in my stash (cut with a Spellbinder's die) and stamped on that.  I threaded a strip of white paper along with 1/8" red ribbon through the sides of the die cut.  I used a corner punch on the white mat before inserting the patterned paper into it and arranging my focal on top.  This whole matted piece is put on foam tape for added dimension.

No comments: