Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Alcohol Ink with Stacked Dazzles

Stalked Dazzles (from Hot Off the Press) can be such fun, and by using the "innies", one can get double the number of projects from them. In this case, I used some regular dazzles and some innies.  The large layer was created by using the innies from one of the dazzles, placing them on a bit of paper that I had colored with alcohol ink, and then cutting fairly close to the edge. The small one in the center, was made the same way. The paper I used with the alcohol ink was a silver one that had a bit of shimmer to it (Royal Metallics from WausauPaper - really neat stuff). The middle layer is a Dazzle that was placed on a dark pink paper and then cut out near the edge. This was then put on the silver royal metallic paper (without alcohol ink this time) and cut to provide a silver edge around it. I used foam tape to separate the dazzle layers for added dimension. The slider with the sentiment on it is also that royal metallic paper. The three smaller dazzles forming a border at the bottom of the card are also placed on that paper with alcohol ink speckles on it. A vellum mat was used to soften the brighter pink mat. 

Tip for using Dazzles innies: while you can use transfer tape, I find it just as easy to cover it with blue painter's tape and use that.  See this blog entry for information on how to do it (in fact, if you look closely at the picture in that entry, you'll see the dazzle that these innies came from).

4 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Cheryl, pretty card! I should give you all my innies! I have the hardest time transfering them even with painters tape.

pennyd said...

I have been using regular tape - i stick it once on my pants and then to the innies and they come up beautifully. Great card - I really like using alcohol inks on Dazzles too.

Dizzy said...

This is a real pretty card, Cheryl! I forget about using the innies.

Jennifer M. said...

Very pretty Cheryl! I have a hard time with those innies. That transfer sheet is a pain in the butt to use. I'll have to try your method. :)

Jen