Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, August 18, 2011

Color Me Thanksgiving

At Thanksgiving time, I like to give friends and loved ones a card expressing specific reasons I am thankful for them.  That can mean I need a lot of cards, so I try to get a bunch done ahead, just like I do for Christmas.  The Color Me paper that I talked about yesterday was a great choice for making some Thanksgiving cards.  This is the third of 6 cards I made from the one sheet (and most of them are decorated inside as well, though I didn't take pictures of the insides). 

One of the things that is WONDERFUL about the Color Me paper is that by using my ink pad to color the paper, I KNOW that the colors will match when I use my ink pad for things like coloring the corner treatments or stamping.  In this case, I used my Venetian corner punch from EK Success, and then used the stamp pad to color the punched area green.  I used a spellbinder's die for the sentiment.  This time after I embossed with it, I left the die in place while I applied some shading around the edge with the ink pad. Then stamped the sentiment. (The stamp is from a set that I find really handy.  It is called "Melissa Frances Crystal Clear Stamps" and has sayings for various occasions throughout the year.)

1 comment:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Beautiful Card, Cheryl. I have those papers too and I haven't used them yet! You have given me some inspiration!