Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, August 15, 2011

Color Me Card on Yellow

I finally decided to try some of my Color Me paper from Hot Off the Press.  I have a terrible time using papers like this because I don't want to use them up!  I decided to try the leaf motif since I need to get busy on Thanksgiving cards (and because it was my least favorite of the bunch so I was more willing to sacrifice it!).

The most important thing I learned was that I need to buy some more make-up sponges!  I really didn't like applying the stamp pad directly to the paper as I didn't have as much control as I wanted.  I started out using my dove blender pen with stamp pads to color in the leaves and acorns.  This took FOREVER!  I then came at the rest of it with stamp pads - and a little chalk.  I tried spritzing it with water to see if that would let me blend the colors better, but all that did was make the paper soft enough that I started rubbing some of the finish off!  Bottom line, make up sponges would have been much better.  However, what I ended up with wasn't too bad.  I don't have a picture of the paper itself when it was finished, but this is the first of 6 cards I made from it.  I DO think I could get addicted to this paper. It's a lot of fun once you figure out the little tricks.

No comments: