Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, August 22, 2011

Color Me Card with Glitter

The picture doesn't do this card justice. Yes! There IS glitter on this card made with Color Me paper, though it doesn't show very well in the picture.  I applied it by heating the raised areas of the paper one small section at a time and then adding glitter.  What I learned was:
  1. I'm not very good at it, and  I have a hard time knowing how much to heat it.
  2. Glitter gets all over the place, even when you're working over scrap paper and a craft mat!
  3. It would be best to use a clear glitter.  I used a copper color and that really shows up - clearly showing how inconsistently the glitter stuck to the page.  
  4. If I really want color, next time I'll try embossing powder.  If I can't get it to go on consistently, I can use an embossing pen to go over the places where I want additional powder.

4 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Cheryl, perfect timing on this. I was going to try it with a color me tag. Maybe I will try glitter glue instead. Have you tried that?

Cheryl said...

No Karenliz, I haven't tried glitter glue. For me the trick on that would be getting it applied thinly enough and just where I want it. I might try it with a brush rather than the applicator tip.

pennyd said...

Very nice, Cheryl. I have given up on trying to heat the Color Me paper for any type of addition. I get the same inconsistent results and it is very frustrating! I still love this kind of papers though and I make my own all the time with white embossing powder.

Dizzy said...

I am with Penny. I love the papers, but too have given up trying to heat it.
I do like the colors you used Cheryl. Fall is my favorite season...:O)