Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, June 16, 2011

Birthday Card with Dazzles Innies & Alcohol Inks

This birthday card started out as a striped card with mini roses on it.  As you can see, I added a border on the right side of plain pink and plain green. The greeting on the tag is an outline sticker.  The focal was made from outline stickers -- probably Dazzles brand.  I mounted them on paper I had colored with alcohol inks to coordinate with the card base -- actually two were mounted on that and two on a plain dark pink paper.  Note also that some of what I used were actually the "innies" of the outline sticker. 

Several places sell transfer paper to allow you to transfer those innies, but I find that painters tape works pretty well, too.  I just take pieces of tape and cover the part I want to transfer, overlapping the pieces if I need more than one. I press them all down firmly, then start to peel them back, making sure the innies come with them - using my fingernail to help them if necessary.  Then I just position the whole thing where I want it on my project, rub it down firmly, and then slowly peel off the painter's tape, making sure this time that the innies stay attached to my project.

1 comment:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Painters tape? I will have to try that. I have a hard time with their transfer paper. Thanks!