Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, June 26, 2011

Tribal Dances Dual Page Layout













I like dual-page layouts.  Here's one where the "film-strip" borders allow me to add 8 pictures and still have a couple of large photos on the pages.  These pages were really quick and easy since I now have a wide-body printer, allowing me to print the title and journaling directly onto the pages.  The most challenging part was getting the pictures into the film-strip.  I have transparencies for film-strips from Hot Off the Press, but instead of using those, I printed my photos with a faux film-strip frame from one of my software packages.

3 comments:

pennyd said...

You have so many interesting pages... I'm drooling over your wide body printer! I would really like to have one as well. Are you changing to digital scrapbooking?

Becca Sadler said...

Cheryl: terrific scrapbook layout! I'm intrigued by your wide range of topics and apparently lots of travel experiences.

The filmstrip look is a wonderful way to incorporate lots of additional/supporting photos to the focal featured ones.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for your comments! To answer your question Penny, no, I will not likely be changing to digital scrapbooking anytime soon. I like the dimensional look & feel of traditional scrapbooking. However, I guess you might say I do hybrid stuff. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but even though I printed the journaling directly to the page, the pictures were printed, trimmed and adhered as usual -- except that I printed them with borders rather than matting them.

Often I will print borders for a number of them my pictures (or print them with white space around them that can be used as a border when I trim them). I may then use mats for further enhancing or just for the focal photo. Of course, sometimes I decide I don't like the printed borders & trim them off to use mats - whatever gives me the look I want in the fastest & easiest way. :)