Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, June 3, 2011

Papier Tole Focal

The focal for today's card is one of the designs on Birds and Blossoms 3-D Papier Tole from Hot Off The Press. This is what the inside of the card looks like:

Here are the particulars about this card.
  • I started with a blank pink card (from Hot Off the Press)
  • I cut a piece of cream-colored cardstock a bit smaller than the front of the card, and an identical one for the inside of the card.
  • Taking a small green stamp pad (Versa Magic - Tea Leaves color), I inked around the edges. Then I lightly rubbed the pad on some of the paper itself - especially on a couple of the corners to blend in more of the green color.
  • Then I used the papier tole to create the focal - using foam dots between the layers for added dimension.  A couple of extra pieces from the papier tole set were glued to the inside of the card.
  • I finished off the card by stamping the sentiment in the same Tea Leaves green ink. (Stamp from K&Company Que Sera Sera clear stamp set.)

1 comment:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Stunning card Cheryl. I haven't bought any papier tole items yet. I usually do the same thing but with my stamps. The bird are beautiful. I think I will be placing an order! TFS