Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, January 4, 2023

HD Vintage Blossom - Antique Rouge

Today I'm working with an old Hunkydory kit called Vintage Blossom - the set called Antique Rouge.  I actually had two complete kits - but this was before I knew that it worked best to use the entire set at one time rather than just taking pieces from it.  So, you will see from the picture below that it is only a partial set - but I actually had 2 identical partial sets to work with.

As you can see, there was only a partial set of die cuts, one full AS (Adorable Scoreable card stock) sheet, and one partial AS sheet - but I had two of all of it.  In addition, I found a few die cuts from another book called Bigger Book of Toppers - Florals that seemed to go well with them. 

I made a total of 5 cards from them - had to piece several of the backgrounds, but made it work.  Here's a close up look at each of them.

Card #1:

This card was the first that I made from this partial set - and the last!  I inked the edges of the AS for the background/focal & added the border die cut piece with the sentiment die cut.  Then, when all 5 cards had been made, I still had some little pieces of AS & border left, so made a little tag - pulling the sentiment die from the border & putting it on the tag before adding the whole tag to the card front.

Inside:

Inside I have a couple of borders made from scraps of AS, scrap of the glimmer paper, and scraps of the die cut sheet.  Then I added a stamped sentiment (Crafter's Companion Compendium - Birthday-Female sheet).

Card #2:

Here I took the inner gold frame & split it to extend the fancy frame top and bottom.  The AS was matted with a dark red glimmer paper.  Two die cut tags from the set and a ribbon bow from my stash complete the card front.

Inside:

Inside I made the borders the same way as the last card.  The stamp was again from Crafter's Companion Compendium - this time from the With Love page.

Card #3:

This card again started with a large piece of the printed AS - with inked edges.  I added a die cut border strip to the top and a die cut sentiment (all from the set) to complete the card front.

Inside:

The inside of this one has an inked AS scrap border - wrapped with ribbon from my stash to form the border.  The sentiment is the same as that used on the first card.

Card #4:

This card was inspired by a sketch challenge on a message board I frequent - though it turned out VERY different from the sketch in the end.  The background were pieced from 3 scraps of AS - then the edges were inked.  Then I added another scrap from the other AS sheet - bordered with the dark red glimmer paper to create a border - which I finished off with a piece of die cut border before adding the four little pieces from the Bigger Book of Toppers - Florals.  Another die cut sentiment completes the card front.

Inside:

Once again I had to piece scraps to create the two borders - then I stamped a greeting (Crafter's Companion Compendium - Thinking of You page)

Card #5:

I think this last card is my favorite.  I again extended the frame with the gold inner frame as I did on card #2, but this time I made a horizontal card & turned the frame 90 degrees from the focal.  Once again I added a couple of die cut tags with a ribbon bow from my stash.

Inside:

Scraps of AS, red glimmer paper, and gold poster board from my stash come together to make a border on the inside of this card.  A little ribbon bow from my stash completes the border.  The sentiment is again from Crafter's Companion Compendium - this time again from the With Love page.

No comments: