Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Crafter's Companion Cards

Today I have a bunch of cards made from a Crafter's Companion card kit.  There were 6 sets in the kit and each one was designed to create one tent/pop-up/easel card like the one you see above.  I had figured I would quickly make them up as designed, to clear the kit from a very overfull binder.  However, that plan was met with 2 challenges.  First, as you can see, the 2nd set of pop-up flowers are pretty much hidden by the ones in the front, and second, the easel tends to easily slip out from behind the flowers in front and collapsing - a problem that would be made even more challenging if I had added the weight of extra die cuts to decorate it more.

So, I decided it would be best to use the materials to make something else.  The following cards are the results - 15 cards instead of 6!

Card #1 (see above): card as designed.

Card #2:

This card was made with the remaining die cuts from card #1's set.  The cat was fussy cut from a Tattered Lace freebie print out.  The sentiment was stamped & die cut from Mom's set - and inked with a scrap of ribbon threaded through it.

Card #3:

Here I used the die cut frame & a couple of floral pieces - along with a focal from a small cat calendar.

Inside:

A piece of the largest die cut and some floral die cut pieces completed the inside of the card.

Card #4:

The background is formed from the inside of the sentiment panel.  To this, I added several of the other die cuts.

Inside:

Once again, a piece of the largest die cut and some floral die cut pieces complete the inside of the card.

Card #5:

This is the last card from this set.  In addition to the various die cut pieces, I added a fussy cut cat - cut from the same Tattered Lace freebie print out.

Inside:

A small piece of brown card stock from my stash - along with some die cuts from the set completed the inside of the card.

Card #6:

This time the cat calendar page forms the focal on a center step card.  The borders were created from some AS (Adorable Scoreable card stock from Hunkydory) in my stash.  Then I added some die cuts from the next Crafter's Companion set.

Card #7:

The frame die cut and several other die cuts form the base of this next card.  The dog was fussy cut from a small dog calendar.

Inside:

The inside panel from the set forms the inside of the card - and a few more die cuts finish the inside.

Card #8:

The rest of the die cuts complete the outside and inside of this card.  In addition, I added some fussy cut pieces - the two cats from the Tattered Lace freebie download.  The sentiment is fussy cut from a Debbi Moore freebie.

Inside:

The die cuts that weren't used on the card front complete the inside of the card.

Card #9:

This is the first of two cards I made from the next set.  As you can see, this one uses the frame, and other die cuts with a focal from a small dog calendar.

Inside:

And inside is the original inside sentiment panel and a few die cuts.

Card #10:

Here I used some leftover strips from the set and several of the die cut pieces.  The focal was again from a small dog calendar.  The sentiment was from a Debbi Moore freebie which I matted on a light purple and inked the edges.

Inside:

Again I put a couple of border pieces from the set - combined with the rest of the die cuts from the set.

Card #11:

From the next set, I was able to once again make 3 cards.  Here, as you can see, I have the frame and a couple of die cuts from the set along with a focal from a small cat calendar.

Inside:

Inside I made a border with some more of the die cuts.

Card #12:

Here the focal was another picture from the small dog calendar.  I used several die cut pieces to form borders top and bottom, and added the die cut sentiment.

Inside:

Inside I  I used several more pieces from the set to make borders top and bottom, decorating the lower one with some of the die cuts.

Card #13:

Here I fussy cut a small dog from the dog calendar - then added several die cut pieces from the set - then added a couple of sentiments from the Hunkydory Little Book of Essential Sentiments - both hung with some sticker "chains".

Inside:

The sentiment panel from the set, and the final small die cut completes the inside.

Card #14:

I only made 2 cards from the final set.  Here's the first.  As you can see, it once again makes use of the frame piece.  The cat focal was again from the small cat calendar.  The sentiment was again from the Hunkydory book of sentiments.

Inside:

Several die cuts complete the inside of the card.

Card #15:

The final card started with a background pieced from pieces of the set.  To that I added a fussy cut cat from the Tattered Lace freebie download.  Then, I added a bunch of die cut pieces from the set - including the sentiment.

Inside:

Once again, the sentiment panel forms the main part of the inside of the card.  Then, I used the final die cuts to complete the interior.

No comments: