Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, January 28, 2023

Multiple Patterned Papers

Today I have some cards made with 3 sheets of coordinating 12 x 12 patterned paper.  The first two cards have 3 different patterned papers on the same card.  This is a REAL challenge for me.  I just usually prefer either no pattern or one pattern - maybe two - seldom more than that. But, I wanted to meet the challenge I saw posted, so I decided to try my best.  The rest of the cards use one or more of the patterns. 

Card #1:

This is a banded fold back card.  The inside has the small square pattern matted with red, and the outside has the striped matted with red.  I also used matted striped for the band. Then I fussy cut the squares from the largest pattern & matted those with red before adding them as you see here.  I finished with a matted die cut sentiment (A2 Card and Box Set from Card Making Magic) and large Jewel Dazzels for the center of each square.

Opened:

As you can see, I added an extra band piece so I could put the little pop-up girl on it.  I also stamped the message "Stay young at heart!"  - Crafter's Companion Compendium stamps (CCC) - Birthday Male page.

Card #2:

Once again I have 3 patterned papers on this card.  As you can see, I matted the layers with read again.  This time I did not use Jewel Dazzles, but added a punched circle to the center of the large square.  The sentiment is again from the A2 Card and Box Set.

Inside:

Matted paper and a stamped sentiment (CCC - Congratulations page).

Card #3:

This one is quite different - I started seeing the lines as waves and went looking for something that lives in the sea.  In addition to a blue card stock mat, I used a blue Sharpie marker to border all elements (except the porpoises - which were fussy cut freebie downloads from somewhere).

Inside:

Inside I added more of the blue card stock, a stamped message (CCC - Inspirational), and scrap from a calendar page.

Card #4:

This card actually has FOUR patterned papers on it because I added a blue patterned paper as part of the matting.  But this time I made things REALLY challenging for myself.  I started by cutting squares from some of the patterned papers.  BUT, I cut them too small - 1" square - and that meant I had a BUNCH of them.  Here's the first card I made with them and I only used a small fraction!  Anyway, I had planned to put a 3 x 2 grid of squares, but when I saw how small these were - even after TRIPLE matting - I decided to make a 4 x 3 grid instead.  As you can see, I used an embossed piece of card stock (Kitchen Weave by Cuttlebug) for a background and pulled the middle two pieces out, turned them on point, and had them on either side of my focal - which is another multi-layered square, but bigger.  On the bigger one, I wrapped a scrap of lacy ribbon before adding the sentiment to it.  The sentiment is one of my Mom's stamp & die cut sets & I threaded a piece of card stock through it - finishing the ends like I would if it were a ribbon.  

Inside:

As you can see, I added strips of the same embossed card stock and 4 more of the multi-layered squares.  The sentiment is from CCC Inspirational.

Card #5:

Here I used most of the rest of those little squares I talked about in the description of the previous card. I embossed the front of the cream colored card base using the same Kitchen Weave embossing folder as I used on the last card.  I inked all the edges of the little squares, and aligned them on strips of a dark red card stock as you can see in the picture above.  I had a leftover strip of striped paper that I matted on the red before gluing it horizontally across the center.  The focal is a fussy cut image from the 3rd printed paper - matted with dark red, placed on the larger striped square (with foam tape) - also matted on dark red.  The sentiment is a cut out from a freebie download (Debbi Moore).

Inside:

Most of the rest of the squares & a couple more strips of dark red form borders on the inside.  The stamped message is one from CCC - Birthday-Female.

Card #6:

I'm getting desperate to use up these papers at this point!  So - I recognize that I need to make a bigger dent in the large patterned paper, so I cut out a bunch of the larger images to use on this card.  As you can see, I used the smaller print as the background - with a dark red frame.  To this, I add a strip of the striped paper - matted on the red.  I matted the larger print pieces on cream and arranged them as you see, then I added a die cut sentiment (A2 Card & Box set from Card Making Magic).

Inside:

The border is another strip of the small print - matted with dark red.  More of the cream matted larger prints, and a stamped sentiment (CCC - Birthday Male) complete the inside.

Card #7:

Here's the FINAL card from these papers - YAY!  Since the papers are multi-colored, I've enjoyed pulling different colors for the mats.  This time I tried yellow mats - but they didn't work as well as I would have liked, so I double matted by adding green.  This worked better.  After adding the strip of striped paper for a background, I scattered a bunch of the larger print pieces and the die cut sentiment (A5 Box Kit from Card Making Magic).  I needed something else, so went through my stash and found this panda freebie printout (from Debbi Moore).

Inside:


A couple of strips - one of the striped, one of the small print - double matted with yellow & green create a border.  A couple more of the larger patterned pieces, and a stamped sentiment (CCC - Birthday - Male).

No comments: