Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, October 25, 2010

Photo Printing Tip

For the last several years I have taken my pictures digitally.  This, of course means I have to have some way of printing them. While I COULD go to a photo printing place to have it done, I prefer to print them myself on my own printer. This way I only print what I want, when I want it, after first cropping and re-sizing my pictures to meet my needs exactly.  Here are a few things I do when I print my pictures:
  1. Usually I plan out several scrapbook pages at once. 
  2. Then, using my photo editing program, I lay out the pictures on an 8.5 x 11 page, fitting as many pictures onto the page as my size constraints allow.  
  3. Once I've fit as many pictures onto the page as I can, there is usually space left over.  This space does NOT go to waste!  In it I place items I will print to use for card focals or small embellishments!
One place I like to go to get my images is called Scrapbook Flair.  They have sets you can download that include papers, layouts, and all sorts of coordinating items like frames, tags, titles, and embellishments. Any current sets can be downloaded for FREE and for a small membership fee, you can download older ones as well.  The ice skates used on the Christmas card I posted on Thursday came from there, as did the diploma and mortarboard on the mini-scrapbook at the top of this post.  The snowmen on this card are another example of items from Scrapbook Flair.  By printing items I like with my photos as I have room, I usually have card focals and scrapbook embellishments at my fingertips when needed!

No comments: